    symptoms?

    TIA
    Lyzzy

    Lyzzy, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Lyzzy

    Guest

    , Dec 29, 2006

  3. Lyzzy

    Lyzzy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > "Lyzzy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>starts Windows but the date & time are not correct it shows the
    >>date & time the computer was last on.
    >>
    >>Is this a problem with a battery somewhere?

    > You need to replace the battery, as a first step to trouble shooting
    > your problem.
    > http://www.intek.net/experthelp/howTo/Files/pcMaint_f1.jpg
    > (http://tinyurl.com/y29oww)

    Thanks for that, just didn't remember seeing a battery last time it was
    opened up, but then I suppose I wasn't looking for one!

    Do you think that will solve the Start-up & Shutdown problems as well?

    Lyzzy

    Lyzzy, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Lyzzy

    Guest

    "Lyzzy" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Lyzzy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>starts Windows but the date & time are not correct it shows the
    >>>date & time the computer was last on.
    >>>
    >>>Is this a problem with a battery somewhere?

    >> You need to replace the battery, as a first step to trouble shooting
    >> your problem.
    >> http://www.intek.net/experthelp/howTo/Files/pcMaint_f1.jpg
    >> (http://tinyurl.com/y29oww)

    >Thanks for that, just didn't remember seeing a battery last time it was
    >opened up, but then I suppose I wasn't looking for one!
    >
    >Do you think that will solve the Start-up & Shutdown problems as well?

    Not really but there's a chance,
    Meat Plow posted this earlier
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php
    and should get you back on track.
    --
    The Top Ten Astronomy Images of 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/y5nnks

    , Dec 29, 2006
  5. Lyzzy

    Guest

    wrote:

    >>Thanks for that, just didn't remember seeing a battery last time it was
    >>opened up, but then I suppose I wasn't looking for one!

    >>Do you think that will solve the Start-up & Shutdown problems as well?

    >Not really but there's a chance,

    The battery is to fix the time problem.

    --
    The Top Ten Astronomy Images of 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/y5nnks

    , Dec 29, 2006
  6. Lyzzy

    Lyzzy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>Thanks for that, just didn't remember seeing a battery last time it was
    >>>opened up, but then I suppose I wasn't looking for one!

    >>>Do you think that will solve the Start-up & Shutdown problems as well?

    >>Not really but there's a chance,

    > The battery is to fix the time problem.

    Just a note to say thanks, I finally got around to changing the battery
    today & everything works perfectly, even the Start-up & Shutdown problems
    are solved so it must have been the battery affecting that as well. Thanks
    again for the help.

    Lyzzy, Jan 7, 2007