    The pc consists of: WinMe, 40GB, 256MB Ram

    Your help is appreciated

    JD
    John \O\, Nov 12, 2003

  2. John \O\

    Todd Howard Guest

    Maybe check BIOS for a Wake-on-Lan thing? Or something to do with LAN.....
    TH
    "John "O"" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone advise why my pc shuts down ok when I have my Broadband
    > connection disconnected (via Netgear FA311) BUT if I were to plug the

    cable
    > modem back into the NIC it hangs leaving my pc still whirring & with the
    > monitor still on (left with blank screen after all apps seem to close ok).
    >
    > I have already tried the following (looking through the support on

    Microsoft

    Todd Howard, Nov 12, 2003

  3. John \O\

    relic Guest

    John "O" wrote:
    > Can anyone advise why my pc shuts down ok when I have my Broadband
    > connection disconnected (via Netgear FA311) BUT if I were to plug the
    > cable modem back into the NIC it hangs leaving my pc still whirring &
    > with the monitor still on (left with blank screen after all apps seem
    > to close ok).
    >
    > I have already tried the following (looking through the support on
    > Microsoft and Netgear):
    > 1) Disabling NDIS.VXD from the "start-up" options (Which my pc then
    > shuts off ok) but my network is then disabled ;-(
    > 2) Re-installed my Netgear drivers
    >
    > The pc consists of: WinMe, 40GB, 256MB Ram
    >
    > Your help is appreciated
    >
    > JD

    Have you checked Netgear for a newer driver? A new driver corrected a hangup
    problem with the FA310.

    --
    - relic -
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
    relic, Nov 13, 2003
  4. John \O\

    John \O\ Guest

    "Todd Howard" <> wrote in message

    > Maybe check BIOS for a Wake-on-Lan thing? Or something to do with

    LAN.....
    > TH
    > "John "O"" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone advise why my pc shuts down ok when I have my Broadband
    > > connection disconnected (via Netgear FA311) BUT if I were to plug the

    > cable
    > > modem back into the NIC it hangs leaving my pc still whirring & with the
    > > monitor still on (left with blank screen after all apps seem to close

    ok).

    > > I have already tried the following (looking through the support on

    > Microsoft
    > > and Netgear):
    > > 1) Disabling NDIS.VXD from the "start-up" options (Which my pc then

    shuts
    > > off ok) but my network is then disabled ;-(
    > > 2) Re-installed my Netgear drivers
    > >
    > > The pc consists of: WinMe, 40GB, 256MB Ram
    > >
    > > Your help is appreciated
    > >
    > > JD

    Cheers Todd, but I already went through my BIOS, although I should've said
    in the beginning.

    JD
    John \O\, Nov 13, 2003