    Help

    Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
    change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

    dummy, Dec 21, 2005

  2. dummy

    dummy Guest

    Re: PC Not Recognising newly added RAM on Win2000

    dummy, Dec 21, 2005

  3. dummy

    Fakename Guest

    Bad ram slot, or bad ram itself.

    Fakename, Dec 22, 2005
  4. dummy

    yootzee Guest

    how many ram sticks you have installed? you sure you have the correct type?
    have you tried reseating the ram? is it installed the correct way (i
    regularly see folks force sticks in the wrong way eventhough the slots are
    keyed). reset the nvram either by jumper or pulling the battery, perhaps it
    has some corruption.

    yootzee, Dec 22, 2005
  5. dummy

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "dummy" <> wrote in message news:udkqf.92$...
    > Help
    >
    > Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
    > change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

    If the RAM itself is fine and seated firmly in the slot then it would
    possibly be a difference in the density of it and the existing RAM.

    Mark Mandell, Dec 22, 2005