    at it but need a few suggestions to try.

    Many thanks for any help.
    Alan

    Alan, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Alan

    °Mike° Guest

    That's like asking, "my car won't start, what's wrong with it?"

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:16:33 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cgnmp1$paa$>
    Alan scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Alan

    Hamman Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I've been asked by a small charity I'm involved with as to why their PC
    > will
    > boot into Windows then sit there locked up BUT, you can move the mouse
    > around.
    >
    > This usually occurs first time you boot up but if you turn it off for a
    > short time it may boot up ok and continue to work all day long.
    >
    > It has 256k of memory,

    No it doesnt

    Windows 2000. PC a couple of years old.
    > Other than that I don't know too much about it as I've not had time to
    > look
    > at it but need a few suggestions to try.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.
    > Alan

    Google > memtest86 run it and check for memory problems, but it sounds more
    like either software or power supply related.

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Alan

    Ray Guest

    Check and make sure win2k has all of the latest updates. Sometimes that
    could resolve the problem.

    Ray, Aug 28, 2004