    a red & a black plug & I don't know where on the sound card these should go.
    The available plugs on the soundcard are pink & blue.

    jez
    jez, Aug 31, 2005

  2. jez

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:09:54 +0100, "jez" <> wrote:

    >I recently bought a headset mic for my grandaughter. Only problem is it has
    >a red & a black plug & I don't know where on the sound card these should go.
    >The available plugs on the soundcard are pink & blue.

    Look at the pictures on the computer and on the plugs. Both should
    have a micraphone and a speaker icon. Match those.

    Or, plug it in and try and see if you get sound.
    Evan Platt, Aug 31, 2005

  3. jez

    PC Guest

    "jez" <> wrote in message
    >I recently bought a headset mic for my grandaughter. Only problem is it has
    >a red & a black plug & I don't know where on the sound card these should
    >go. The available plugs on the soundcard are pink & blue.
    >
    > jez

    The 'usual' colour coding for PC's is

    Pink = Microphone
    Blue = Line in (as from a cassette deck)
    Green = Line out/ speaker out

    Hope this helps
    Paul.
    PC, Sep 1, 2005