    DXDIAG: no problems
    SFC /SCANNOW: no problems
    VLC: still hangs
    Bob, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Bob

    vbMark Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in news:kg_Of.110347$sa3.45512
    @pd7tw1no:

    > PC hangs whether I play movies from DVD's or the hard drive.
    >
    > Tried
    > DXDIAG: no problems
    > SFC /SCANNOW: no problems
    > VLC: still hangs

    Is it all forms of video?

    Is the hang permanent so that you have to reboot?

    Is the hang at the same point i.e. first second, or at random points?

    --
    Get rated at http://ratemysite.thoughtbattle.com
    Get freeware at http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    All .avi movies either on CD, DVD or copied unto my hard drive. I always
    have to manually reboot.

    It seems random, but always near the beginning of the movie or soon after I
    start even if it is at the middle of the CD or DVD

    Bob, Mar 7, 2006