    port .( both computers have this port ). I want to play 2 player Call
    of Duty, is it just simply connecting both pc's via the cable?

    , Dec 13, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi I have two computers both Win XP, and two "call of duty " CD's, i
    > also have one of those fat yellow cables that plug into the ethernet
    > port .( both computers have this port ). I want to play 2 player Call
    > of Duty, is it just simply connecting both pc's via the cable?

    You have to set up a small network, look at:-

    Home Networking
    http://www.microsoft.com/windo
    wsxp/home/using/howto/homenet/default.asp

    Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

    Networking Information
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

    PracticallyNetworked Home
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

    GreenieLeBrun, Dec 13, 2005

  3. Swiss Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi I have two computers both Win XP, and two "call of duty " CD's, i
    > also have one of those fat yellow cables that plug into the ethernet
    > port .( both computers have this port ). I want to play 2 player Call
    > of Duty, is it just simply connecting both pc's via the cable?

    It depends if the cable is a straight through or crossover cable.
    You will need a crossover cable to connect to each other. or a hub and 2
    straight through cables

    Swiss Tony, Dec 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    ok just looked, my cable is a yellow netopia cable ( i can use it to
    access my broadband internet connection thro my netopia router ) it has
    8 copper fingers on the end .
    Does that identify it?

    , Dec 13, 2005
  5. Rich Wilson Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > ok just looked, my cable is a yellow netopia cable ( i can use it to
    > access my broadband internet connection thro my netopia router ) it has
    > 8 copper fingers on the end .
    > Does that identify it?

    Sounds like it's *not* a crossover cable if it works for connecting to your
    router.

    Rich Wilson, Dec 13, 2005
  6. Guest

    Thanks, will head to the computer shop in search of one tmrw, thanks

    , Dec 13, 2005
  7. ezelcucuy Guest

    Just get you a cheap router, sometimes you can find them as low as $20.00
    that will fix your problem real easy and at the same time you get internet
    in both computers at the same time, share files and play games like you
    want. easy enough.
    you can find a real cheap router at Fry's even if alot of people don't
    like fry's I love it and thats my first option to buy computers
    parts,etc,etc.

    ezelcucuy, Dec 14, 2005