    clue as to if it is a hardware or software problem. any advice is greatly
    appreciated.
    ................thanx in advance.........jeffvb

    Jeff VanBeekum, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Jeff VanBeekum

    °Mike° Guest

    When was the last time you did a clean install?

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:35:00 GMT, in
    <EdBOb.25779$>
    Jeff VanBeekum scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Jeff VanBeekum

    RDS Guest

    As Mike noted a clean install may fix your problem but I have had this
    situation before and it ends up being a power supply going bad. If you do
    not know how to check it get a qualified person to check output voltage and
    if it is not 11.5 volts or better it may be a sign the power supply is the
    culprit. If it is, then the hard drive is not getting proper voltage and
    will eventually crash.

    If the power supply is good then a wipe and clean install should do!

    Roger

    RDS, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Jeff VanBeekum

    Jay Guest

    I have exactly the same problem!!
    My PS output reads 5V 134mA
    It is a CWT-250ATX-A (250W max)
    I take it from your point below that this is low?
    I posted my CPU voltages here last week and was told that they were high.

    Jay, Jan 19, 2004