    I am thinking of joining but am undecided at the moment.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Just becuase some website tells you you need to update your drivers doesnt
    mean you need to. I would say if your machine is working, dont bother
    messing with it.

    Robert Larson, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Emrys Davies

    Boomer Guest

    Emrys Davies said:

    > What are the general views about PC Drivers Headquarters.
    > http://www.drivershq.com/
    >
    > At first sight it appears to provide a good service, but are
    > they able to provide most drivers free of charge or are there
    > snags?
    >
    > Their quick check of my system reveals that five of my drivers
    > need updating.
    >
    > I am thinking of joining but am undecided at the moment.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Hi

    If you have the name of the drivers, why not go to the mfg's site and
    download them for free or search the web for those drivers?

    Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems with
    your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)
    Boomer, Sep 12, 2003
  4. not sure if my reply posted or not,...silly news server, anyways, short and
    to the point, if its not broke, dont fix it.

    Just wondering what "drivers" that they say need to be upgraded...

    Robert Larson, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Robert',

    They say that an update is available for the following:

    Hard Disk Controller
    USB Controllers
    Modem
    Sound, Video and Game Controllers
    Display Adapters (I have a CD Rom for this card)

    Everything is working fine and my System Properties show no question
    marks or the like.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Emrys Davies

    Bryan Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies said:
    >
    >> What are the general views about PC Drivers Headquarters.
    >> http://www.drivershq.com/
    >>
    >> At first sight it appears to provide a good service, but are
    >> they able to provide most drivers free of charge or are there
    >> snags?
    >>
    >> Their quick check of my system reveals that five of my drivers
    >> need updating.
    >>
    >> I am thinking of joining but am undecided at the moment.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Emrys Davies.

    > Hi
    >
    > If you have the name of the drivers, why not go to the mfg's site and
    > download them for free or search the web for those drivers?
    >
    > Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems with
    > your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    (...fix it 'till it is!)
    :)
    Bryan, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Emrys Davies

    Boomer Guest

    Bryan said:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    >> Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems
    >> with your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    > (...fix it 'till it is!)
    >:)

    I've done that... once! :eek:)
    Boomer, Sep 12, 2003
  8. Emrys Davies

    °Mike° Guest

    Leave things as they are. Only install official drivers, where
    possible. *Their* drivers may screw you system up.

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:40:08 +0100, in
    <bjtavg$n80e5$-berlin.de>
    Emrys Davies scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 12, 2003
  9. Emrys Davies

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Emrys Davies said:
    >
    > > What are the general views about PC Drivers Headquarters.
    > > http://www.drivershq.com/
    > >
    > > At first sight it appears to provide a good service, but are
    > > they able to provide most drivers free of charge or are there
    > > snags?
    > >
    > > Their quick check of my system reveals that five of my drivers
    > > need updating.
    > >
    > > I am thinking of joining but am undecided at the moment.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Emrys Davies.

    > Hi
    >
    > If you have the name of the drivers, why not go to the mfg's site and
    > download them for free or search the web for those drivers?
    >
    > Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems with
    > your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." Red Green
    SgtMinor, Sep 12, 2003
  10. Emrys Davies

    Boomer Guest

    SgtMinor said:

    > Boomer wrote:

    [snip]
    >> Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems
    >> with your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    > "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." Red Green

    Of course! Love Red Greed! Hehe!

    Thanks SgtMinor. :)
    Boomer, Sep 12, 2003
  11. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    The beauty of this forum is that you get an accumulative well balanced
    response upon which you can make a considered decision and mine is that
    I will 'Leave well alone' and if the need arises I will seek aid from
    the manufacturers site.

    Thanks a lot everyone.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 13, 2003
  12. Emrys Davies

    Bryan Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan said:
    >
    >> "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > [snip]
    >>> Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems
    >>> with your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    >> (...fix it 'till it is!)
    >> :)

    > I've done that... once! :eek:)

    Oh God!
    <slaps head with plank>
    *Many* times
    lol
    Bryan, Sep 13, 2003
  13. Emrys Davies

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > SgtMinor said:
    >
    > > Boomer wrote:

    > [snip]
    > >> Do you really need "those" new drivers? Are there any problems
    > >> with your hardware? (If it ain't broke...)

    > > "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." Red Green

    > Of course! Love Red Greed! Hehe!
    >
    > Thanks SgtMinor. :)

    I'll grant you, Red is cheap or he'd be driving a nicer van. But
    greedy? No, not the Red I love. One more slam like that and I'll be
    sending a report to

    --
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

    SgtMinor, Sep 13, 2003
  14. Emrys Davies

    Boomer Guest

    SgtMinor said:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >> SgtMinor said:
    >>
    >> > Boomer wrote:

    >> [snip]
    >> >
    >> > "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." Red Green

    >> Of course! Love Red Greed! Hehe!

    Oop's...Red GreeN!

    >> Thanks SgtMinor. :)

    > I'll grant you, Red is cheap or he'd be driving a nicer van.
    > But greedy? No, not the Red I love. One more slam like that
    > and I'll be sending a report to

    Soooo sorry!

    > --
    > "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

    I think I'll do that now. ;)
    Boomer, Sep 13, 2003
  15. Emrys Davies

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    Course ... he also says if its broke ... duct tape will cure it ... so ...
    where do I put the durn tape anyway?

    Bay0Wulf, Sep 13, 2003
  16. Emrys Davies

    Boomer Guest

    Bay0Wulf said:

    > Course ... he also says if its broke ... duct tape will cure it
    > ... so ... where do I put the durn tape anyway?

    Every where. :)

    Boomer, Sep 13, 2003
  17. Does your motherboard carry a via chipset?

    Robert Larson, Sep 18, 2003