    actually shuts down the pc fully, and as soon as the fans are powering down
    it spontaneoulsy powers up the pc again.

    Any ideas this is driving me mad.

    dann, Aug 20, 2006

  2. dann

    dann Guest

    forgot to mention have tried a bios update and cmos clear to no avail.

    dann, Aug 20, 2006

  3. dann

    Demon Guest

    "dann" <> wrote in message
    > forgot to mention have tried a bios update and cmos clear to no avail.

    PSU

    Demon, Aug 20, 2006
  4. dann

    Guest

    ....same thing happened to me, turned out I left an iPod Shuffle plugged in
    to the USB port. The PC was attempting to boot off of the iPod. Unplugged
    it and everything was back to normal, except the partion on the Shuffle was
    hosed.

    ....Brian

    , Aug 20, 2006
  5. dann

    rms Guest

    > PSU

    Ya I agree with this diagnosis too. Get a high-quality psu.

    rms

    rms, Aug 21, 2006
  6. dann

    Wes Newell Guest