    can they be reimported into my version or can't they be?? If they
    can't, then I'll revert to the old version. I can't afford to lose
    the mail.
    Charani, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Charani wrote:
    > My PC crashed and was reformated and a complete reinstall was done at
    > the same time. Mozilla (full suite, not TB and/or FF) was backed upand
    > could be completely reinstalled on my husband's PC, no problems.
    >
    > I took the advantage of the crash to upgrade my version of Mozilla to
    > 1.7.12. The backed up profile was reinstalled but it didn't install
    > cleanly. I had to reset my home page and browser settings and
    > preferences.
    >
    > On going to check my mail, all my mail settings were gone, all my
    > local folders, everything. My husband still has them on his PC so how
    > can they be reimported into my version or can't they be?? If they
    > can't, then I'll revert to the old version. I can't afford to lose
    > the mail.

    Since all you mail data is stored in your profile, which is stored in a
    location separate from your program files, the installation of a new
    version is most unlikely to cause a loss of data. Backtracking to an
    older version is equally unlikely to recover the data.

    If all the data is stored on your husband's machine, there should be no
    problem in restoring it. Take a look at Irwin's Profile help page to
    get an idea of what to do. Posts back if you have any specific
    questions about the operation.

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Charani

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:56:53 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Since all you mail data is stored in your profile, which is stored in a
    > location separate from your program files, the installation of a new
    > version is most unlikely to cause a loss of data. Backtracking to an
    > older version is equally unlikely to recover the data.
    >
    > If all the data is stored on your husband's machine, there should be no
    > problem in restoring it. Take a look at Irwin's Profile help page to
    > get an idea of what to do. Posts back if you have any specific
    > questions about the operation.
    >
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Thanks for that :)) I'll have a go through that.
    Charani, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Charani wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:56:53 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >> Since all you mail data is stored in your profile, which is stored in a
    >> location separate from your program files, the installation of a new
    >> version is most unlikely to cause a loss of data. Backtracking to an
    >> older version is equally unlikely to recover the data.
    >>
    >> If all the data is stored on your husband's machine, there should be no
    >> problem in restoring it. Take a look at Irwin's Profile help page to
    >> get an idea of what to do. Posts back if you have any specific
    >> questions about the operation.
    >>
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >>

    > Thanks for that :)) I'll have a go through that.

    Just remember, backup the profiles on both machines before you do
    anything. You always want to be able to go back to status quo in case
    of an accident.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Charani

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:35:30 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Just remember, backup the profiles on both machines before you do
    > anything. You always want to be able to go back to status quo in case
    > of an accident.

    Yes, a back up of the back up was made for exactly that reason :))

    Everything is as it should be - on my husband's machine <G> We'll try
    it on mine later.
    Charani, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Charani

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:35:30 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Just remember, backup the profiles on both machines before you do
    > anything. You always want to be able to go back to status quo in case
    > of an accident.

    Made it!! Lost about half a dozen mails that I needed which I'd
    dowloaded but which had been deleted from the server by mistake, but
    apart from that everything's running sweetly again :))

    Thank you :D
    Charani, Nov 23, 2005
  7. Charani wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:35:30 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >> Just remember, backup the profiles on both machines before you do
    >> anything. You always want to be able to go back to status quo in case
    >> of an accident.

    > Made it!! Lost about half a dozen mails that I needed which I'd
    > dowloaded but which had been deleted from the server by mistake, but
    > apart from that everything's running sweetly again :))
    >
    > Thank you :D

    I'm glad you've got it going!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 23, 2005
  8. Charani

    Charani Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:50:41 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > I'm glad you've got it going!

    TY So am I!! :))
    Charani, Nov 24, 2005