    was installed. I use XP, Norton Pro A-Virus / Internet security 2004, office
    03 and a few others and a wireless adsl router connection.

    Cheers.

    catinthehat, Jan 27, 2005

  2. catinthehat wrote:

    > Any help / suggestions appreciated.
    > I have had countless problems with my pc rebooting whenever it likes and
    > especially so, half-way through a complete virus scan of the hard drive or
    > if it's just sitting there unused. I had no problems like this before xp sp2
    > was installed. I use XP, Norton Pro A-Virus / Internet security 2004, office
    > 03 and a few others and a wireless adsl router connection.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Hold down the Windows key and press Pause/Break. Go to the Advanced tab,
    under Startup and Recovery click the Settings button, uncheck
    Automatically restart. Then when Windows crashes, you'll get a blue
    screen that will have an error message. If you know how, troubleshoot
    from there or post back with the error message and someone will try to help.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 27, 2005

  3. catinthehat

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:02:49 +0800, "catinthehat"
    <> wrote:

    >Any help / suggestions appreciated.
    >I have had countless problems with my pc rebooting whenever it likes and
    >especially so, half-way through a complete virus scan of the hard drive or
    >if it's just sitting there unused. I had no problems like this before xp sp2
    >was installed. I use XP, Norton Pro A-Virus / Internet security 2004, office
    >03 and a few others and a wireless adsl router connection.
    >
    >Cheers.

    Check your memory is seated correctly in their slots.

    EricP, Jan 27, 2005