PC Company - not in receivership nor insolvent

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by back again, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. back again

    back again Guest

    The PC Company restructures amid tough trading conditions

    The next 48 hours would be "critical" for nationwide computer manufacturer
    The PC Company which has temporarily ceased operating while it
    restructures, managing director Colin Brown said today.

    The Hamilton-based company, with offices in Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua,
    Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch, confirmed the closure yesterday.

    Mr Brown said in a statement he hoped the restructuring would be finished
    by the end of the week.

    The next 48 hours would be "critical" to the company's future, he said.

    The closures were the result of a "tough 12 months" in which sales for New
    Zealand's largest local manufacturer of personal computers (PCs) had
    declined.

    "This has been a very difficult and painful decision," Mr Brown said.

    "We need to make decisions that are in the best interests of our debenture
    holders, store owners, employees and creditors, and so the next few days
    are critically important."

    Mr Brown told the New Zealand Herald that the company was neither in
    receivership nor insolvent.

    Hopefully for the shareholders, customers, and employees, that means they
    will do a Smiths City and not a PC General.
    back again, Sep 9, 2003

  2. back again

    The Flash Guest

    Their website has changed, with just a "The PC Company site is temporarily
    offline. If you have any queries please email us at
    "

    Not a good sign....

    The Flash, Sep 9, 2003

  3. back again

    T.N.O. Guest

    "The Flash" wrote
    > Their website has changed, with just a "The PC Company site is temporarily
    > offline. If you have any queries please email us at
    > "
    >
    > Not a good sign....

    Well it could be worse, one place I worked for that closed had their website
    up and accepting orders after we closed... it has since changed a bit
    thankfully.
    T.N.O., Sep 9, 2003