    How do I configure these machines so that each can see each other and
    communicate and share resources among themselves?

    Mervin Williams

    Mervin Williams, Aug 19, 2004

  2. quoted form http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Q: How can I share files between workgroup computer and domain/workgroup
    computer?

    I have a home wireless network and share files and a printer between two
    computers. I also use Win 2000/XP laptop at work with domain network. How
    can I share files between these computers at home?

    A: Deepening on your network setup, you may 1) Logon local laptop using the
    same logon id and password on both machine.
    2) change workgroup name to match win2000 domain and the laptop needs to
    install at home first ad then join the domain .
    3) without changing the workgroup name and logon ID, just enable guest
    account in win 2000/XP.
    4) If you are running XP, enable Simple File Sharing.
    5) logon domain user on the domain laptop (even the workgroup is different),
    use command net use \\workgroupcomputer /user:administrator, (here
    administrator is workgroup computer local administrator), the enter
    workgroup computer administrator password. You should be able to access the
    workgroup resources.

    --
    For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
    Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

    Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L [MS-MVP], Aug 19, 2004

  3. Mervin Williams

    Jack Guest

    Hi.
    It is possible that because of the Domain you would not be able to do so.
    Make your own setting at Home(Better and safer), get this program and enjoy:
    www.netswitcher.com
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Robert L [MS-MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > quoted form http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > Q: How can I share files between workgroup computer and domain/workgroup
    > computer?
    >
    > I have a home wireless network and share files and a printer between two
    > computers. I also use Win 2000/XP laptop at work with domain network.

    How
    > can I share files between these computers at home?
    >
    > A: Deepening on your network setup, you may 1) Logon local laptop using

    the

    Jack, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Mervin Williams

    Jonathan Guest

    Check-out Plug and Browse (http://www.interactive-studios.net).
    It allows you to store multiple network configurations and switch
    between them as needed. The program can store network connection
    settings, computer name and domain, SMTP server, Internet Explorer,
    etc.

    Jonathan, Aug 24, 2004