Pc closes when surfing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Dec 5, 2004.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    Tommy-gun wrote:
    > A friend of mine was having problems with his computer.When he opens up his
    > browser which is Explorer and starts surfing, the computer closes down and
    > restarts.
    > I have checked it for viruses and worms.There were none found. So i
    > reformatted his computer and installed Windows xp pro,Nortons anti virus
    > 2005,Ad watch and popup stopper pro on it. I gave him the pc back and it
    > still closes down.Sometimes as soon as he opens the browser sometimes after
    > a few minutes.
    > Any idea what may be causing this.

    try different RAM

    Tommy-gun, Dec 5, 2004

  3. philo

    °Mike° Guest

    You probably need to patch the PC for the Blaster/Sasser
    worm BEFORE you go online.

    Windows RPC DCOM Buffer Overflow Remote Exploit (MS03-026)
    http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/07.25.winrpcdcom.c.php

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-011.mspx

    What you should know about the Blaster worm

    What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:24:41 GMT, in
    <JlBsd.80628$>
    Tommy-gun scrawled: