PC Clock (was Re: "The phoneme concept" [.--. -.. was: Re: Claims [was: Re: Drifting phonemes [was:

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Adrian Bailey, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. "Jacques Guy" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Chambers wrote:
    >
    > > Jacques - A bit of advice, intended in a friendly way. Your postings

    always
    > > appear in the wrong time sequence relative to the postings from

    everybody
    > > else. This is happening because the clock on your computer is

    incorrectly
    > > set.

    > My clock says: 9:35 pm (GMT +10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    >
    > I know it's difficult to believe, but it is so, I am not making it
    > up. If you look at the full headers of my posts, you'll also see:
    >
    > Mozilla 3.0 (Win95; I; 16bit)
    >
    > Mozilla 3.0 is the only correct bit. I am not running
    > Win95, but WinMe (to my sorrow, but that is what my
    > PC came with when I bought it almost 2 years ago) and
    > I strongly doubt that WinMe is 16 bit. I don't know
    > what the "I" means, but if it means "Intel" that too
    > is wrong: my CPU is an AMD.
    >
    > I use Mozilla 3.0 (aka Netscape 3.0) because:
    >
    > 1. it is impervious to hackers' attacks -- no-one
    > bothers writing viruses for Netscape 3.0
    > 2. it is lightning fast, compared to modern offerings,
    > even to Mozilla... what's is called again? Not Firebird,
    > that was the forerunner of Firefox, Firefox has no
    > newsreader nor emailer... got it on the tip of my tongue.
    >
    > For a while, before visiting newsgroups, I tried setting
    > my clock so it would show the correct time (although still
    > the wrong time zone). But then I irregularly forgot
    > to reset it after logging off, and so I ended up with
    > my mailbox and my files in a fine mess.
    >
    > This is my, oh... fourth or fifth PC, and I have experienced
    > all sorts of very weird gremlins with every one of them
    > even way back when I had an NEC APC III at work and another
    > one at home. I seem to be a strange-bug attractor.
    >
    > I have no idea what causes Mozilla 3.0 to believe that I live
    > in California. It does not make any sense at all.
    >
    > If anyone has experienced that, and has a solution...

    Can anyone help this guy?

    Adrian
    Adrian Bailey, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Adrian Bailey

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    Re: PC Clock (was Re: "The phoneme concept" [.--. -.. was: Re: Claims

    (On 11/16/2004 8:16 AM) Adrian Bailey wrote:

    >>I use Mozilla 3.0 (aka Netscape 3.0) because:
    >>
    >>1. it is impervious to hackers' attacks -- no-one
    >> bothers writing viruses for Netscape 3.0
    >>2. it is lightning fast, compared to modern offerings,
    >> even to Mozilla... what's is called again? Not Firebird,
    >> that was the forerunner of Firefox, Firefox has no
    >> newsreader nor emailer... got it on the tip of my tongue.
    >>
    >>For a while, before visiting newsgroups, I tried setting
    >>my clock so it would show the correct time (although still
    >>the wrong time zone). But then I irregularly forgot
    >>to reset it after logging off, and so I ended up with
    >>my mailbox and my files in a fine mess.
    >>
    >>This is my, oh... fourth or fifth PC, and I have experienced
    >>all sorts of very weird gremlins with every one of them
    >>even way back when I had an NEC APC III at work and another
    >>one at home. I seem to be a strange-bug attractor.
    >>
    >>I have no idea what causes Mozilla 3.0 to believe that I live
    >>in California. It does not make any sense at all.
    >>
    >>If anyone has experienced that, and has a solution...

    > Can anyone help this guy?
    >
    > Adrian

    How ugly the Web must look to that guy.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Adrian Bailey

    Moz Champion Guest

    :: BRIAN :: wrote:

    > (On 11/16/2004 8:16 AM) Adrian Bailey wrote:
    >
    >>> I use Mozilla 3.0 (aka Netscape 3.0) because:
    >>>
    >>> 1. it is impervious to hackers' attacks -- no-one
    >>> bothers writing viruses for Netscape 3.0
    >>> 2. it is lightning fast, compared to modern offerings,
    >>> even to Mozilla... what's is called again? Not Firebird,
    >>> that was the forerunner of Firefox, Firefox has no
    >>> newsreader nor emailer... got it on the tip of my tongue.
    >>>
    >>> For a while, before visiting newsgroups, I tried setting
    >>> my clock so it would show the correct time (although still
    >>> the wrong time zone). But then I irregularly forgot
    >>> to reset it after logging off, and so I ended up with
    >>> my mailbox and my files in a fine mess.
    >>>
    >>> This is my, oh... fourth or fifth PC, and I have experienced
    >>> all sorts of very weird gremlins with every one of them
    >>> even way back when I had an NEC APC III at work and another
    >>> one at home. I seem to be a strange-bug attractor.
    >>>
    >>> I have no idea what causes Mozilla 3.0 to believe that I live
    >>> in California. It does not make any sense at all.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone has experienced that, and has a solution...

    >> Can anyone help this guy?
    >>
    >> Adrian
    >>

    > How ugly the Web must look to that guy.

    Set the computers location to the correct time zone.

    Windows boxes come set to Redmond Washington for their location, the
    user should change it to reflect his actual location

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Nov 18, 2004