    Has anyone else using PC-cillin 2002 encountered this problem? Any ideas
    how I can resolve it?

    Your help on this is appreciated.
    SirOsisOfThuliver, Jan 2, 2004

  2. SirOsisOfThuliver

    °Mike° Guest

    Virus Pattern Files

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:50:35 -0600, in
    <>
    SirOsisOfThuliver scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. °Mike° wrote:

    > Virus Pattern Files
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
    >

    > On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:50:35 -0600, in
    > <>
    > SirOsisOfThuliver scrawled:
    >

    >>I'm using Trend Micro's anti-virus software PC-cillin 2002. When I
    >>attempt to update virus patterns, I get the following error msg:
    >>
    >>PC-cillin Server response timed out
    >>
    >>This error occurs both when PC-cillin automatically attempts to download
    >>the latest virus patterns, and when I manually attempt the update (by
    >>clicking the "update" button).
    >>
    >>I've submitted the problem description on the Trend Micro website a
    >>couple of times. So far, no response from them, though.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else using PC-cillin 2002 encountered this problem? Any ideas
    >>how I can resolve it?
    >>
    >>Your help on this is appreciated.

    Thank you, Mike, I appreciate the effort.
    SirOsisOfThuliver, Jan 3, 2004
  4. SirOsisOfThuliver wrote:

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Virus Pattern Files
    >> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
    >>

    >> On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:50:35 -0600, in
    >> <>
    >> SirOsisOfThuliver scrawled:
    >>

    >>> I'm using Trend Micro's anti-virus software PC-cillin 2002. When I
    >>> attempt to update virus patterns, I get the following error msg:
    >>>
    >>> PC-cillin Server response timed out
    >>>
    >>> This error occurs both when PC-cillin automatically attempts to
    >>> download the latest virus patterns, and when I manually attempt the
    >>> update (by clicking the "update" button).
    >>>
    >>> I've submitted the problem description on the Trend Micro website a
    >>> couple of times. So far, no response from them, though.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else using PC-cillin 2002 encountered this problem? Any
    >>> ideas how I can resolve it?
    >>>
    >>> Your help on this is appreciated.
    >>>

    > Thank you, Mike, I appreciate the effort.

    I should have added this info to my previous reply. For anyone else
    experiencing this problem. Go to the link provided by Mike,

    Download the correct file for your OS, unzip it, and copy the virus
    pattern file, LPT$VPN.712 in this case, to the Trend Micro program
    directory, which is, for Windows XP,

    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002
    SirOsisOfThuliver, Jan 3, 2004
  5. SirOsisOfThuliver

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  6. SirOsisOfThuliver

    Spider Guest

    Go to each of the folders below and delete the contents of each folder.
    Do not delete the folder itself, just the contents.
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Cache
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Temp
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Backup
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Bin
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AUSrc.tmp
    \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\temp
    Then reboot the PC and do an update.
    --
    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Spider wrote:

    > Go to each of the folders below and delete the contents of each folder.
    > Do not delete the folder itself, just the contents.
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Cache
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Temp
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Backup
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AU_Bin
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\AUSrc.tmp
    > \Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\temp
    > Then reboot the PC and do an update.

    Thanx, Spider, I'll give that a try. I did notice that the result.htm
    file contained this:

    [RESPONSE] Popup=1 RET=210

    Which apparently is the return code from the update server. I'll go back
    to the Trend Micro website and see if I can find out what it means.
    SirOsisOfThuliver, Jan 3, 2004