    between a PC Card unit and an USB device ? Something else to consider
    ? (eg: use of an USB hub ?)

    Thanks.

    Michel S., Jun 14, 2005

  2. Michel S.

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wcard
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 14, 2005

  3. Michel S.

    Michel S. Guest

    Thanks a lot ! :)

    Michel S., Jun 14, 2005
  4. performance might be an issue
    USB hub is effectively a network for devices so you might get slower
    performance for w/lan connectivity.

    PC card would be my choice and takes out another area to debug if things go
    wrong

    cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?V2hpdGVjcmFuZQ==?=, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Michel S.

    aus Guest

    There is no difference - in my experience the USB adapters have been
    more reliable actually - plus you can move them about as they can be on
    the end of a bit of cable.

    The 'speed difference' quoted in the link above is not relevant now and
    PCMCIA hadware isnt just adapted like that nowadays. You will have no
    speed tradeoff in reality as the bus that the wirless crds connect
    through (whichever one) is running much faster than the wireless
    communication can run (except for USB 1).

    aus, Jun 16, 2005