    visit them next week, hopefully I can sort it out.

    TIA

    Peter
    Peter, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Peter

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Peter <> wrote in
    news::

    > The PC freezes during start up, but ctrl-alt-del causes restart that
    > completes ok to winXP.
    >
    > Any tips on what to look for to fix?
    >
    > The PC is miles from here, so difficult for me to diagnose by phone.
    > If I visit them next week, hopefully I can sort it out.
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Peter

    Look in the logs when you get there

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:

    > Look in the logs when you get there

    Does WinXP do logs? Where do I find them?

    TIA

    Peter
    Peter, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Peter

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 05:28:48 +1300, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Dave Taylor wrote:
    >>
    >> Look in the logs when you get there

    >Does WinXP do logs? Where do I find them?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Peter

    Event Viewer under Computer Mangagement. At what stage of the boot
    process does it freeze exactly?

    --
    BOINC SETI
    DoggNZ, Feb 9, 2005