    Any advice would be greatfull.

    tia

    greets lex
    alexander rickert, Nov 8, 2004

  2. alexander rickert

    Pepperoni Guest

    Gotomypc has a free trial, but a monthly cost to use.
    https://www.gotomypc.com/

    What do you want to do? Several open source (free) apps are available for
    remote desktop manipulation.

    http://www.realvnc.com/
    http://www.tightvnc.com/
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    I use real vnc on my LAN. It can be used on other remote machines as long
    as rhe Ip of the remote machine is known and the software is running on that
    machine. A java applet is dowloaded from the remote machine and after a
    password prompt, you view the remote desktop and can do just about anything.

    Others have recommended the tightvnc, but I have not used it.

    "alexander rickert" <"alexander_rickert(removethis)"@telenet.be> wrote in
    message news:...

    Pepperoni, Nov 8, 2004

  3. alexander rickert

    derek / nul Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:12:45 GMT, alexander rickert
    <"alexander_rickert(removethis)"@telenet.be> wrote:

    >hello
    >
    >Since I've installed PCanywhere, my won't run properly anymore. Hoste
    >aswell Remote are crashing, always running things on background, etc.
    >
    >So I uninstalled it and now everything is fine again.
    >BUT
    >
    >Is there another program that does the job PCanywhere did?
    >
    >I'm running windows XPprof and win 2000prof on those machines.
    >
    >Any advice would be greatfull.

    VNC
    derek / nul, Nov 8, 2004