    start up and go into host mode automatically. See I don't have a lot of
    space for extra monitor,keyboard, and mice. If not could somebody recommend
    something. Thanks Jay
    jay, Dec 22, 2003

  2. jay

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "jay" <jek1010@sbcglobal.123net> wrote in
    news:uZrFb.3543$:

    > I currently have a small network with two computers both running win
    > 2000 pro. The question is I use pc anywhere to control my second pc
    > and was wondering if there was a way to set that computer to load pc
    > anywhere at start up and go into host mode automatically. See I don't
    > have a lot of space for extra monitor,keyboard, and mice. If not could
    > somebody recommend something. Thanks Jay

    What you're talking about is a setting when setting up pcanywhere to run in
    host mode on a computer. You can tell the pcanywhere client machine to
    reboot the host machine and pcanywhere host will be waiting for a
    connection, after the reboot.

    It's on the pcanywhere *help* or you can search Google. You can also do the
    same thing with Netmeeting's Remote Desktop Sharing, which is part of the
    Win 2K O/S.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 22, 2003

  3. jay

    mcp6453 Guest

    jay wrote:

    > I currently have a small network with two computers both running win 2000
    > pro. The question is I use pc anywhere to control my second pc and was
    > wondering if there was a way to set that computer to load pc anywhere at
    > start up and go into host mode automatically. See I don't have a lot of
    > space for extra monitor,keyboard, and mice. If not could somebody recommend
    > something. Thanks Jay

    In pcAnywhere manager, click on Hosts, right click on the configured
    host, go to Properties, click on the Settings tab, and then click Launch
    with Windows.
    mcp6453, Dec 22, 2003
  4. jay

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    > I currently have a small network with two computers both running win
    > 2000 pro. The question is I use pc anywhere to control my second pc
    > and was wondering if there was a way to set that computer to load pc
    > anywhere at start up and go into host mode automatically. See I don't
    > have a lot of space for extra monitor,keyboard, and mice. If not could
    > somebody recommend something. Thanks Jay

    You could, but I'd recommend a free piece of software call VNC (from
    http://www.realvnc.org). It's free, allows remote control of any PC you
    can reach via IP, you can control it with the use of their client software
    or a simple web browser that is java enabled (any browser that is java
    enabled, even from a PDA or cell phone).

    And, the software is free. Give it a shot.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 22, 2003