    What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition to
    update software or drivers?

    Thank you.
    its_my_dime, Aug 1, 2006

  2. its_my_dime

    old man Guest

    So you purchased a new laptop and havent read the bumph?
    The hidden recovery partition is what you use to restore your PC to factory
    settings, when you screw it up, and no you cannot update anything on this
    recovery partion

    "its_my_dime" < (hold the .spam)> wrote in message
    > My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel,

    according

    old man, Aug 2, 2006

  3. its_my_dime

    Toolman Tim Guest

    old man wrote:
    > So you purchased a new laptop and havent read the bumph?
    > The hidden recovery partition is what you use to restore your PC to
    > factory settings, when you screw it up, and no you cannot update
    > anything on this recovery partion

    I should hope not - it would kind of blow off the whole idea, wouldn't it
    <g>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 2, 2006
  4. its_my_dime

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-08-01, its_my_dime <> wrote:
    > My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel, according
    > to Windows Explorer. That partiion seems to have certain recovery
    > information.
    >
    > What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition to
    > update software or drivers?

    If it's like a lot of new computers then that D partition is placed
    there by the vendor. You should make the recovery disks that you'll need
    before you do anything else. I just kept my locked D: because I didn't
    need the space and it makes things easier to recover. YMMV.

    Make all of the backup and/or recovery disks that the vendor says to in
    the manual before you fool with D:\. Also, it is sorta locked so you
    won't be updating that at all. It is the OS and utilities that ship with
    your computer. Any updated software or drivers will go directly on the
    C:\ drive so you may wish to save those as you go or at least bookmark
    sites you you can get them again in case of a failure. Or use some
    backup utility that is pre-installed or 3rd party.

    > Thank you.

    YW.

    --
    A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
    in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie
    Jimchip, Aug 2, 2006