    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 14, 2011

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    > Sorry to be a simpleton Graham, but could you post brief instructions as
    > to how to archive this please?
    >
    > I have set up a pbxes account and already have a Skype account and
    > various SIP addresses but cannot work out, what goes where.
    >
    > Sorry to be a PITA.

    Happy to help!
    For this task you only need to configure two screens in pbxes: Trunks and Inbound Route
    I've used a Sipgate trunk, others should work.

    In Add Trunk : select SIP trunk
    fill in:
    Trunk name: Anything you want, eg. SIPGATE
    user name: 7 digit SIP ID
    password: the SIP password, 9 uppercase letters in the case of Sipgate
    SIP server or proxy: sipgate.co.uk if you're using Sipgate
    click "submit changes" and click the red bar that appears.

    Now create an inbound route
    New incoming route
    Trunk: exactly the same name you gave to the trunk so SIPGATE in this case
    Select the SIP URI radio button and put skypename@skype in the adjacent field.
    obviously substituting a real skypename. Submit changes & click red bar.

    Leave all other options blank or default, give the trunk a while to register, then dial it.

    Incidentally the pbxes web interface is similar to that used in Asterisk at Home/Trixbox/
    FreePBX.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 15, 2011

  3. Graham.

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Nigel chose
    the tried and tested strategy of:

    > After doing some research i see it is a limit of pbxes .See:-
    >
    > http://www3.pbxes.com/community_e.php?display=wiki

    Not sure if someone's been having a giraffe with the wiki here:

    http://www3.pbxes.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ

    # You charged me premium rates and cancelled my pro account, did I loose my
    # money?

    # Yes, there is no way you ever get a refund. We just take your money and do
    # not respond to any questions.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:28:57 up 19 days, 2:25, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.13, 0.59
    alexd, Jan 15, 2011
  4. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message news:igse49$a5b$...

    > After doing some research i see it is a limit of pbxes .See:-

    Bugger, that will teach me to read the small print.
    Mind you, 3 min is plenty for what I need it for.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 15, 2011
  5. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi Graham,
    >
    > I followed what you said.
    >
    > I dialled the trunk number and I had a female voice say "The service
    > cannot be connected"
    >
    > I then substituted another SIP URI that I have and when I rang the trunk
    > number, it did indeed ring the phone connected to the new incoming
    > route.
    >
    > I then replaced the SIPURI with myusedID@skppe and again, I got the same
    > message as I originally had.
    >
    > I should also point out that I had previously amended my Skype setting
    > to allow calls from anyone.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks again for all your help and patience.

    Odd that. Try echo123@skype
    if that dosn't work try &
    let me know how you get on.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 16, 2011
  6. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:01:44 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Me" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> Hi Graham,
    >>>
    >>> I followed what you said.
    >>>
    >>> I dialled the trunk number and I had a female voice say "The service
    >>> cannot be connected"
    >>>
    >>> I then substituted another SIP URI that I have and when I rang the trunk
    >>> number, it did indeed ring the phone connected to the new incoming
    >>> route.
    >>>
    >>> I then replaced the SIPURI with myusedID@skppe and again, I got the same
    >>> message as I originally had.
    >>>
    >>> I should also point out that I had previously amended my Skype setting
    >>> to allow calls from anyone.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks again for all your help and patience.

    >>Odd that. Try echo123@skype
    >>if that dosn't work try &
    >>let me know how you get on.

    > Thanks for the latest advice. I can report that echo123@skype gave me
    > the same "The service cannot be connected" message. However, both
    > & worked fine. The
    > message said welcome to Gizmo5!
    >
    > Most peculiar that only Skype seems to be the problem.

    It's not working for me now, no announcement, just dead.
    Also the Skype user that I added manually to my Skype client (skype.pbxes.org)
    is greyed out like it's off-line. Strange this should happen when a few of us begin playing
    with it. I don't suppose there could be a connection ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 16, 2011
  7. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:30:32 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >
    >>It's not working for me now, no announcement, just dead.
    >>Also the Skype user that I added manually to my Skype client (skype.pbxes.org)
    >>is greyed out like it's off-line. Strange this should happen when a few of us begin playing
    >>with it. I don't suppose there could be a connection ;-)

    > Well it's good to hear that it wasn't just me I guess!
    >
    > Thanks again for all your help to date.

    FWIW it's working again :)

    --
    Graham.