PBR

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mark St Laurent, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. I am attempting to use policy based routing for the purpose of configuring
    load balancing between T1 frame relay on C2811 and ADSL connection running
    on 2'nd router RV082. RIP is running on both boxes and I have configured
    floating static default routes to both routers on C2811. I can configure
    route-map for "set ip default next-hop [ADSL-Gateway] which policy routes
    all non statically defined traffic to the ADSL device. Works great just
    needed to specify priority corporate traffic with static routes on C2811.
    Now I wish to provide fail-over which also PBR provides by use of tracking
    option. Router config will allow "set ip next-hop verify-availability
    [ADSL-Gateway] 10 track 124"
    which works great for fail-over but pulls all traffic regardless of
    configured static routes. IOS cli will not accept "set ip default next-hop
    verify-availability [ADSL-Gateway] 10 track 124" i get error at cursor at
    the ip address of default gateway when entering. The only difference between
    the two strings is "default" which makes a big difference in the way routes
    are handled. This command is mentioned in the related commands section of
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hirp_c/ch20/h_12spbr.pdf
    but with no example. I have tried to do this using only IP CEF and static
    routes but have trouble accessing many sites. PBR works very well would like
    to configure fail over and have read and tried everything practical
    considering I am on a live network. Note have also configured tracking for
    ADSL route on C2811 hoping that when connection ADSL dropped {which is
    picked up-checked using sh track}routing table would refect change via RIP
    and route-map would quit, no such luck. Any ideas greatly appreciated. The
    tracking function was almost immediate when applied to rule for route-map.
    Platform = C2811 12.4(1) Thanks in advance.
    Mark St Laurent, Jul 14, 2005