  1. ....am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on pbase
    unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Brian C. Baird

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Brian C. Baird wrote:

    > ...am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on pbase
    > unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    > small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?

    No problem here.. I just checked..

    Are you saying that the 'original' link is there, but when you click
    on it, you don't see the original sized image ?

    In many instances people don't upload the full sized image.. So
    original is often not much different than large..

    What do you see when you click on the link below (Warning 2.5 Meg)
    It should be 3072x2048

    http://www.pbase.com/image/18597736/original

    Try some others in that library.. They're all original size.
    Jim Townsend, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Brian C. Baird

    jean Guest

    > What do you see when you click on the link below (Warning 2.5 Meg)
    > It should be 3072x2048
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/18597736/original
    >
    > Try some others in that library.. They're all original size.

    That is impossible, George said there were no full size images from Canon
    cameras!
    jean, Jun 2, 2004
  4. In article <>, ess
    says...

    > > ...am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on pbase
    > > unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    > > small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?

    > No problem here.. I just checked..
    >
    > Are you saying that the 'original' link is there, but when you click
    > on it, you don't see the original sized image ?

    Yup.

    > In many instances people don't upload the full sized image.. So
    > original is often not much different than large..
    >
    > What do you see when you click on the link below (Warning 2.5 Meg)
    > It should be 3072x2048
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/18597736/original
    >
    > Try some others in that library.. They're all original size.

    No luck. I have my browser set to accept cookies from pbase, so I don't
    think that's the problem. Maybe some odd setting buried under numerous
    menus?
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Brian C. Baird, Jun 2, 2004
  6. In article <3Krvc.55$>,
    look_for@my_email.org says...
    > > Try some others in that library.. They're all original size.
    > >

    > That is impossible, George said there were no full size images from Canon
    > cameras!

    It's a conspiracy!
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Brian C. Baird

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Jim Townsend, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Brian C. Baird

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Brian C. Baird wrote:

    > No luck. I have my browser set to accept cookies from pbase, so I don't
    > think that's the problem. Maybe some odd setting buried under numerous
    > menus?

    OK.. It has to be something with your browser.. Perhaps try:
    "accept all cookies" and see if that helps...

    The image size thing is a cookie thing.. If I select 'original'
    then every image I open after that will be in original.. Same with
    show EXIF.. Once I select it, I see it until I turn it off..
    Jim Townsend, Jun 2, 2004
  9. In article <>, ess
    says...
    > OK.. It has to be something with your browser.. Perhaps try:
    > "accept all cookies" and see if that helps...

    No dice.

    > The image size thing is a cookie thing.. If I select 'original'
    > then every image I open after that will be in original.. Same with
    > show EXIF.. Once I select it, I see it until I turn it off..

    Well, when I select original it keeps that setting for future browsing,
    but the image still doesn't display. I'm thinking the browser has a
    corrupted file someplace, maybe reinstalling the files will have some
    effect.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 3, 2004
  10. Brian C. Baird

    John G Guest

    "Brian C. Baird" <> wrote in message
    > ...am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on pbase
    > unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    > small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?

    This problem seems to be solved .
    If you are using Zone Alarm 5
    Set Privacy > Add Blocking to Medium.
    The problem seems to have arrived with the latest update on 26 May.
    --
    John G

    Wot's Your Real Problem?
    John G, Jun 3, 2004
  11. In article <lCuvc.17$>,
    says...
    > This problem seems to be solved .
    > If you are using Zone Alarm 5
    > Set Privacy > Add Blocking to Medium.
    > The problem seems to have arrived with the latest update on 26 May.

    Yes indeed. After some experimentation I found Zone Alarm to be the
    culprit. Changing the ad blocking for www.pbase.com under the privacy
    tab allowed me to circumvent the pop-up protection that was blocking the
    original-sized images.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 3, 2004
  12. Brian C. Baird

    > In article <lCuvc.17$>,
    > says...
    > > This problem seems to be solved .
    > > If you are using Zone Alarm 5
    > > Set Privacy > Add Blocking to Medium.
    > > The problem seems to have arrived with the latest update on 26 May.

    > Yes indeed. After some experimentation I found Zone Alarm to be the
    > culprit. Changing the ad blocking for www.pbase.com under the privacy
    > tab allowed me to circumvent the pop-up protection that was blocking

    the
    > original-sized images.

    Yes You can turn Ad Blocking Off altogether or you can leave it on and
    edit the Site List to turn it Off for this specific site (and any
    others)
    --
    John G

    Wot's Your Real Problem?
    ..
    John G, Jun 3, 2004
  13. Brian C. Baird

    Andrew Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 01:16:31 GMT, Brian C. Baird <>
    wrote:

    >Yes indeed. After some experimentation I found Zone Alarm to be the
    >culprit.

    ZA causing problems? Surely not! </sarcasm>
    Andrew, Jun 3, 2004
  14. Brian C. Baird <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > ...am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on pbase
    > unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    > small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?

    You are probably looking at Bayer digital images which almost always
    posted at 640x480 or less to control blur.
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 3, 2004
  15. In article <>,
    says...
    > You are probably looking at Bayer digital images which almost always
    > posted at 640x480 or less to control blur.

    That is most certainly not the case, idiot.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 3, 2004
  16. Brian C. Baird

    John G Guest

    > > ...am I the only one who doesn't see the original-size .jpgs on

    pbase
    > > unless I directly link to the file? I can see the large, medium and
    > > small, no problem. Just not the original. Scripting error?

    > You are probably looking at Bayer digital images which almost always
    > posted at 640x480 or less to control blur.

    Rubbish.
    The correct answer was posted 12 hours earlier.
    --
    John G

    Wot's Your Real Problem?
    John G, Jun 4, 2004