PB with XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michel DETEST, Jun 11, 2005.

  1. I have a problem on Windows XP startup. When I start my computer it reboot four time before Windows XP start. Any Idea ????

    Michel DETEST, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Michel DETEST

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Michel DETEST" <> wrote in message
    news:42aae9a9$0$28769$...
    >I have a problem on Windows XP startup. When I start my computer it reboot
    >four time before Windows XP start. Any Idea ????

    Any error messages? "Blue Screen of Death" being displayed? Post some
    information that can help someone help you. This isn't a physic hotline...

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2005

  3. Michel DETEST

    John Holmes Guest

    "Michel DETEST" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a problem on Windows XP startup. When I start my computer it
    > reboot four time before Windows XP start. Any Idea ????

    <grabit crap snipped>

    I have an idea. Your computer reboots 4 times before Windows XP starts. Am
    I on the right track?

    --
    Your mother was a comatose ageing hippy who used to do unmentionable things
    to chickens in refrigerators.

    John Holmes, Jun 11, 2005
  4. Michel DETEST

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Michel DETEST

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Michel DETEST" <> wrote:

    >I have a problem on Windows XP startup. When I start my computer it reboot four time before Windows XP start. Any Idea ????

    1. Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
    button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section. In the Startup
    and Recovery window click on the checkbox for "Automatically restart"
    to clear it. Click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    That should result in the restarts being replaced by a "Blue Screen Of
    Death" STOP error. If this happens then the contents of the STOP
    message, including all 4 parameters and any file names, will be a
    direct clue as to the underlying cause.

    2. As an experiment turn on your computer and immediately go into the
    BIOS setup. Then leave the computer sitting there and go for a coffee
    or take a break of some kind. After 5 minutes exist the BIOS setup
    and allow the computer to start up.

    I suspect that you have a hardware component of some kind that is not
    functioning properly when first turned on. However after it has been
    under power for a short while it warms up and then begins to function
    properly. That would explain why the computer reboots 4 times and
    then starts up okay on the 5th attempt.

    Post the results back here if you need further advice or assistance.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP