Paymate Express

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by brazen, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. brazen

    brazen Guest

    Hi there,

    I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
    thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
    apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
    12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).

    Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
    processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
    small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
    to say about it?

    Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
    purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
    back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
    you can test it.

    Cheers

    Gay
    brazen, Jan 24, 2007

  2. brazen

    k Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
    > thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
    > apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
    > 12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).
    >
    > Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
    > processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
    > small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
    > to say about it?
    >
    > Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
    > purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
    > back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
    > you can test it.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Gay

    Hi Gay,

    Have you read
    http://www.paymate.com.au/help/nzhelp/paymate/help.jsp?hsection=sell2 ?

    It is linked off the front page of http://www.paymate.co.nz/ in the
    "Sell more with Paymate" box as "Sell on a Website".

    It is very informative and tells you precisely what you can expect them
    to offer with regards to the process of integrating their service with
    your website.
    k, Jan 25, 2007

  3. brazen

    brazen Guest

    On Jan 25, 5:52 pm, k <> wrote:
    > brazen wrote:
    > > Hi there,

    > > I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
    > > thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
    > > apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
    > > 12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).

    > > Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
    > > processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
    > > small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
    > > to say about it?

    > > Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
    > > purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
    > > back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
    > > you can test it.

    > > Cheers

    > > Gay

    > Hi Gay,
    >
    > Have you readhttp://www.paymate.com.au/help/nzhelp/paymate/help.jsp?hsection=sell2?
    >
    > It is linked off the front page ofhttp://www.paymate.co.nz/in the
    > "Sell more with Paymate" box as "Sell on a Website".
    >
    > It is very informative and tells you precisely what you can expect them
    > to offer with regards to the process of integrating their service with
    > your website.

    Hi K,

    Thanks for that - yes I had seen that page as I have set up Paymate on
    another customers website, but in that instance I didnt set up the
    Paymate account, it was already done by the customer himself, and he
    did the testing.

    I'm trying to use Paymate with an existing site that uses a 3rd party
    shopping cart. I think its probably pointless trying to integrate it
    with the cart as I dont have any control over parameters etc on that,
    but if we can use Paymate as purely for processing payments (ie the
    seller typing in the card no, expiry etc rather than the purchaser
    doing it) then we should be ok. But I dont know if they require that 3
    digit number or not.

    Paymate dont seem to run a public test area, but I guess the quickest
    way would be to set up a test account with Paymate myself.

    Thanks anyway - by the way have you or your customers used Paymate?
    Good, bad, indifferent reports?

    Cheers

    Gay
    brazen, Jan 30, 2007