    with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is £5000 worth going
    hands on or should I motivate myself through private
    study?????????

    Sherman, May 23, 2004

  2. Sherman

    Beoweolf Guest

    only you know yourself well enough to decide whether you can trust yourself
    to study on your own. The fact is, all study boils down to self study. Going
    to formal class just adds structure and guidance in the directed study.

    Lot so people do it, sometimes with better results and satisfaction than
    attending classes. There's a lot to be said for taking your future in your
    hands. Kind of like working for yourself or working for someone else.

    "Sherman" <> wrote in message
    I have been thinking obout paying for training for
    various certifications e.g. MCSE, MCDBA etc. I have an IT
    degree and am wondering if it is really worth it. I have
    all the information I need to pass already, in terms of
    books and CBTNuggets training videos, which I have
    obtained for free.

    I'm worried that i'll be missing out on the hands on
    training involved, e.g. Domain server environments, hands
    on routers etc. I myself run home peer-to-peer network
    with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is £5000 worth going
    hands on or should I motivate myself through private
    study?????????

    ---

    Beoweolf, May 24, 2004

  3. Sherman

    Tim Kettring Guest

    "Sherman" <> wrote in message
    I have been thinking obout paying for training for
    various certifications e.g. MCSE, MCDBA etc. I have an IT
    degree and am wondering if it is really worth it. I have
    all the information I need to pass already, in terms of
    books and CBTNuggets training videos, which I have
    obtained for free.

    I'm worried that i'll be missing out on the hands on
    training involved, e.g. Domain server environments, hands
    on routers etc. I myself run home peer-to-peer network
    with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is £5000 worth going
    hands on or should I motivate myself through private
    study?????????
    I dont know for you , but I am self studying , and will take 2 tests before
    I spend 5K US . If I pass 1 of them , I will continue self study only . If I
    dont pass either , I might go to school , even though they are only offering
    win-2000 server/networking , and not 2003 server/networking that I want to
    go for . It all depends on how diligent you are with your studies .

    Tim Kettring, May 24, 2004