Pay Pal Account, Alternate Payment Method

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Brad, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to open an account at Pay Pal so I can purchase something,
    but I do NOT want to use my credit card, debit card, or have a "link" to
    my bank account.

    I went to Pay Pal and searched their web site to see if it is possible to
    send a certified check or money order to open an account and pay
    their service charge, but I failed to find such information. I couldn't
    find an email address to send an email. I called there customer service
    number (not toll free), but due a large volume of calls, I had to hang up
    after waiting over 10 minutes with no idea how much longer I would have to
    wait.

    Does anyone know if it is possible to open an account at Pay Pal
    and use a certified check or money order to put into the account,
    plus pay the service fee?

    Thanks in advance, Brad

    be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
    Brad, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Brad wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to open an account at Pay Pal so I can purchase something,
    > but I do NOT want to use my credit card, debit card, or have a "link" to
    > my bank account.
    >
    > I went to Pay Pal and searched their web site to see if it is possible to
    > send a certified check or money order to open an account and pay
    > their service charge, but I failed to find such information. I couldn't
    > find an email address to send an email. I called there customer service
    > number (not toll free), but due a large volume of calls, I had to hang up
    > after waiting over 10 minutes with no idea how much longer I would have to
    > wait.
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to open an account at Pay Pal
    > and use a certified check or money order to put into the account,
    > plus pay the service fee?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Brad
    >
    > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
    > be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

    Just open a savings account at some bank and keep next to nothing in
    there until you want to make a purchase via Pay Pal. Then tell those Pay
    Pal zipper heads (google on Pay Pal for some scary stories) that you
    don't have a credit card, and simply give them your bank info for the
    brand new shiny savings account.

    Bob
    Bob Terwilliger, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Brad

    traveller 66 Guest

    Take a moment and visit www.paypalsucks.com and that's only one site.
    traveller 66, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Brad

    Guest

    In article <13bvhyo7r9vaj.srxjpqg6nio2$>,
    says...

    > > Just open a savings account at some bank and keep next to nothing in
    > > there until you want to make a purchase via Pay Pal. Then tell those Pay
    > > Pal zipper heads (google on Pay Pal for some scary stories) that you
    > > don't have a credit card, and simply give them your bank info for the
    > > brand new shiny savings account.
    > >
    > > Bob

    > Take a moment and visit www.paypalsucks.com and that's only one site.

    About the only good thing is how much less they suck than google.
    , Mar 7, 2007