    OS Win98 OE6

    Cheers
    PL

    PL+CL, Nov 4, 2003

  2. PL+CL

    trout Guest

    PL+CL wrote:

    > I have just installed Avast and can no longer
    > defrag the hard disk. Does anyone know
    > how to disable the anti-v so that a disc scan
    > will run?
    >
    > OS Win98 OE6
    >
    > Cheers
    > PL

    On the interface; click on the 'status' beside "Resident
    Protection".
    When the 'slider' pops up, move it all the way to the left, for
    "disabled".
    --
    "Or exit the program for a while, if you're behind a firewall, anyway."

    trout, Nov 4, 2003

  3. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    PL asked:
    | > I have just installed Avast and can no longer
    | > defrag the hard disk. Does anyone know
    | > how to disable the anti-v so that a disc scan
    | > will run?

    trout replied...
    | On the interface; click on the 'status' beside "Resident
    | Protection".
    | When the 'slider' pops up, move it all the way to the left, for
    | "disabled".
    | --
    | "Or exit the program for a while, if you're behind a firewall, anyway."

    Thank you trout! After looking through the help
    files for an hour I have the answer here in minutes!

    Cheers again,
    Pauline

    PL+CL, Nov 4, 2003