    and the speed upgrades are like a lottery as to who gets them.

    I told them this sounds like a dodgy system and they agreed. I tried to get
    them to change my billcycle but they would not do that either.

    Jed Meisterdude, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Jed Meisterdude said the following on 14/11/2004 22:16:
    > Bloody telecom...my jetsurf bill cycle changed over today so i was supposed
    > to be upgraded to fullspeed.
    >
    > But, still on slow 256 Kbps...phoned them, waited for nearly 2 hours on
    > hold (2 calls)...then, they said there was a technical problem with the
    > upgrade so I would have to wait another month until the billcycle rolled
    > over again.
    >
    > The CSR said it was impossible to increase my speed until the next billing
    > cycle - so they gave me this months jetsurf for free. But I didn't want it
    > free, i wanted the high speed - the CSR said there was no way to do this,
    > and the speed upgrades are like a lottery as to who gets them.
    >
    > I told them this sounds like a dodgy system and they agreed. I tried to get
    > them to change my billcycle but they would not do that either.

    And people wonder why third party providers like Orcon have issues at
    the moment and run rabid at the mouth about it.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Jed Meisterdude

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Jed Meisterdude said the following on 14/11/2004 22:16:
    >
    >> Bloody telecom...my jetsurf bill cycle changed over today so i was
    >> supposed to be upgraded to fullspeed.
    >>
    >> But, still on slow 256 Kbps...phoned them, waited for nearly 2 hours
    >> on hold (2 calls)...then, they said there was a technical problem with
    >> the upgrade so I would have to wait another month until the billcycle
    >> rolled over again.
    >>
    >> The CSR said it was impossible to increase my speed until the next
    >> billing cycle - so they gave me this months jetsurf for free. But I
    >> didn't want it free, i wanted the high speed - the CSR said there was
    >> no way to do this, and the speed upgrades are like a lottery as to who
    >> gets them.
    >>
    >> I told them this sounds like a dodgy system and they agreed. I tried
    >> to get them to change my billcycle but they would not do that either.
    >>

    > And people wonder why third party providers like Orcon have issues at
    > the moment and run rabid at the mouth about it.

    So how is it that Telecom are pretty much ignoring billing cycles when
    "upgrading" people to UBS?

    In some cases this must be costing people quite a significant amount, on
    average about $15.00 I guess.

    -=rjh=-, Nov 14, 2004