    some times i get this message when i try to copy something from my incoming
    on edonkey to external drive. what can i doo and what does it mean?

    ---
    mewthree, Jul 3, 2004

  2. mewthree

    Brian Guest

    "mewthree" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:C3CFc.10430$...
    > some times i get this message when i try to copy something from my

    incoming
    > on edonkey to external drive. what can i doo and what does it mean?
    >

    > ---

    is the path+filename exeeding 255 characters? if so reduce either path or
    filename..
    Brian, Jul 3, 2004

  3. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "mewthree" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > some times i get this message when i try to copy something from my

    > incoming
    > > on edonkey to external drive. what can i doo and what does it mean?
    > >

    > > ---
    > >

    > is the path+filename exeeding 255 characters? if so reduce either path or
    > filename..
    >
    > no its not bigger than 255 but made it smaller and same problem.it copies

    for about a third then just stops

    ---
    mewthree, Jul 3, 2004
  4. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    "mewthree" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "mewthree" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > some times i get this message when i try to copy something from my

    > > incoming
    > > > on edonkey to external drive. what can i doo and what does it mean?
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > > is the path+filename exeeding 255 characters? if so reduce either path

    or
    > > filename..
    > >
    > > no its not bigger than 255 but made it smaller and same problem.it

    copies
    > for about a third then just stops
    >

    > ---
    >
    > still need help with this.

    ---
    mewthree, Jul 5, 2004
  5. mewthree

    DC Guest

    mewthree wrote:

    > "mewthree" <> wrote in message

    [...]

    >> > "mewthree" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    [...]

    >> ---

    [...]

    > ---

    Aren't you getting tired of reading this? I know I am.

    The AVG sig serves NO purpose whatsoever, and does not comply with the
    'dash-dash-space' delimiter so that it gets automatically snipped by
    compliant news readers.

    http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/outerspace/netnews/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2

    Please open AVG and disable the sig completely. AVG can NOT certify
    anything of the sort, and if your system is clean, the signature is
    redundant anyway.

    Right click the AVG icon / E-mail scanner tab;
    Uncheck 'Certify Outgoing Messages'; and
    Apply / OK.

    Thanks.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  6. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    no.

    mewthree, Jul 5, 2004
  7. mewthree

    DC Guest

    mewthree wrote:

    [fixed top post]

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> mewthree wrote:

    >>> [snipped countless AVG sigs]

    >> Aren't you getting tired of reading this? I know I am.

    >> The AVG sig serves NO purpose whatsoever, and does not comply with the
    >> 'dash-dash-space' delimiter so that it gets automatically snipped by
    >> compliant news readers.

    >> http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/outerspace/netnews/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2

    >> Please open AVG and disable the sig completely. AVG can NOT certify
    >> anything of the sort, and if your system is clean, the signature is
    >> redundant anyway.

    >> Right click the AVG icon / E-mail scanner tab;
    >> Uncheck 'Certify Outgoing Messages'; and
    >> Apply / OK.

    >> Thanks.

    > no.

    No problem. I'll just sort it out on my end, then.

    Goodbye.

    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  8. mewthree

    antonyrat

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hy. I runned into that damn problem too. And after days of searching I finally

    found this software: Long Path Tool.
    antonyrat, Nov 12, 2010