    ashy Guest

    What are the exams i will take for me be a MCSA (in line with the new
    generation certication)? I have passed 70-620 and also a MCDST.
    ashy, Apr 26, 2007

  2. "ashy" wrote:

    > What are the exams i will take for me be a MCSA (in line with the new
    > generation certication)? I have passed 70-620 and also a MCDST.

    At the present time, the signs, rumors, star gazing hints, etc all point to
    the MCSA and MCSE not really being a presence in the next generation of full
    server certifications. Microsoft has not publicly announced anything yet
    from anything I have seen but in the MCP community there has been a lot of
    attention to watching the MCP flash next month for announced webcasts on the
    new generation of longhorn certifications.

    I would definitely recommend tuning in as hopefully we can all get clued in
    on whether or not there will be a multi-exam MCTS credential which will
    provide a roughly equivalent recognized credential for administrators.
    --
    Wayne Anderson
    Wayne Anderson, Apr 26, 2007

  3. ashy

    Lukas Beeler Guest

    * Wayne Anderson <>:
    > > What are the exams i will take for me be a MCSA (in line with the new
    > > generation certication)? I have passed 70-620 and also a MCDST.

    > At the present time, the signs, rumors, star gazing hints, etc all point to
    > the MCSA and MCSE not really being a presence in the next generation of full
    > server certifications. Microsoft has not publicly announced anything yet
    > from anything I have seen but in the MCP community there has been a lot of
    > attention to watching the MCP flash next month for announced webcasts on the
    > new generation of longhorn certifications.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive...d-windows-server-longhorn-certifications.aspx

    Here's some semi-offical information. MCSE will stay for 2000 and
    2003, but Longhorn will use multiple MCTS and MCITP titles to get
    the aequivalent of an MCSE.

    If you're currently doing an MCSE/MCSA on 2003, you can get
    vouchers for Longhorn certs:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/upgrade/ws2003/offer/default.mspx

    --
    Read my blog at http://projectdream.org
    Lukas Beeler, Apr 28, 2007
  4. Thats some great stuff, I had not yet seen that particular blog entry but had
    heard the same content through other channels. If it is public now, I dont
    have to keep dancing around the subject circuitously.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, Apr 29, 2007