  1. I'm a new Win XP user, question about OE, hw can I avoid entering my
    password every time I do anything???
    Please

    Royce Heckman, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Royce Heckman

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Royce Heckman" <> wrote in message
    news:psyXh.19217$...
    > I'm a new Win XP user, question about OE, hw can I avoid entering my
    > password every time I do anything???
    > Please

    Here is a pdf link that shows the screen where you *check on* Remember
    Password.

    http://support.netouch.com/email/OutlookExpressConfiguration.pdf

    You should be able in OE is go to Tools/Accounts/Mail
    Account/Properties/Servers Tab where you would enter your user-id and
    password for the ISP pop-3 Incoming Mail and *check on* Remember Password,
    for an existing OE mail account.

    Or, you have your ISP's tech support walk you through setting up OE.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Royce Heckman

    ThePsyko Guest

    On 24 Apr 2007 I stormed the castle called 24hoursupport.helpdesk and
    heard Mr. Arnold cry out in

    > "Royce Heckman" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm a new Win XP user, question about OE, hw can I avoid entering my
    >> password every time I do anything???
    >> Please
    >>

    > Here is a pdf link that shows the screen where you *check on* Remember
    > Password.
    >
    > http://support.netouch.com/email/OutlookExpressConfiguration.pdf
    >
    > You should be able in OE is go to Tools/Accounts/Mail
    > Account/Properties/Servers Tab where you would enter your user-id and
    > password for the ISP pop-3 Incoming Mail and *check on* Remember
    > Password, for an existing OE mail account.
    >
    > Or, you have your ISP's tech support walk you through setting up OE.

    and don't let anybody near your computer. Once you click 'save
    password', it is saved in plain text in the Windows Protected Storage
    which can easily be accessed by a malicious user with access to the
    system.

    --
    ThePsyko
    Public Enemy #7

    **Pissing off the planet, one person at a time**

    ThePsyko, Apr 25, 2007