    There's something about my IE because when I go to a web page that needs a
    password, it just starts showing me the 404. It doesn't even open the window
    where I could type my password. I really need to get it back.
    Xenoni, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Xenoni

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Internet Options / Security tab. Press 'Default level'.
    Go to the 'General' tab and press 'Delete Files' - check the
    box to include 'Offline content'.
    Go to the 'Advanced' tab and check 'Use SSL'.

    See my signature, re. system maintenance.

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:38:19 +0300, in
    <bir90s$rh1$>
    Xenoni scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Xenoni

    trout Guest

    Xenoni wrote:

    > There's something about my IE because when I go to a web page that
    > needs a password, it just starts showing me the 404. It doesn't even
    > open the window where I could type my password. I really need to get
    > it back.

    Another possibility could be your 'pop-up stopper'. Sometimes, I
    have to turn off the one that I use, as it can prevent dialogue boxes.
    --
    "Just another thought."
    trout, Aug 31, 2003