    manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
    would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
    passwords still work.
    wicked, Oct 7, 2005

  2. wicked wrote:
    > Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
    > I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
    > manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
    > would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
    > passwords still work.

    Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
    site/account, remove it and try again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 7, 2005

  3. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wicked wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
    >> I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
    >> manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
    >> would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
    >> passwords still work.

    > Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
    > site/account, remove it and try again.
    >
    > Lee

    Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.
    wicked, Oct 7, 2005
  4. wicked

    Moz Champion Guest

    wicked wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> wicked wrote:
    >>
    >>> Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
    >>> I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
    >>> manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
    >>> would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
    >>> passwords still work.

    >> Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
    >> site/account, remove it and try again.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

    Go to the page/site
    If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)
    Moz Champion, Oct 7, 2005
  5. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > wicked wrote:

    >>> Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
    >>> site/account, remove it and try again.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

    > Go to the page/site
    > If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    > opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
    like it used to.
    wicked, Oct 7, 2005
  6. wicked schreef:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> wicked wrote:

    >>> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

    >> Go to the page/site
    >> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    >> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    > When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
    > like it used to.

    There is probably a trace or it left in the signons.txt file. Take a
    backup of it, then delete the part which corresponds to the problematic
    website from the file, then try again. Do this while FF and TB are NOT
    running.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 7, 2005
  7. wicked

    Moz Champion Guest

    wicked wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> wicked wrote:

    >>> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

    >> Go to the page/site
    >> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    >> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    > When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
    > like it used to.

    Because you have already told it to remember it

    Go to the site
    IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
    go to another site
    go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure
    Moz Champion, Oct 7, 2005
  8. wicked

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > wicked wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Go to the page/site
    >>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    >>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    >> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
    >> save like it used to.

    > Because you have already told it to remember it
    >
    > Go to the site
    > IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
    > go to another site
    > go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

    Oh yes, and btw, Please do NOT email me as well as post to the newsgroup

    Especially if you use an address that doesnt resolve!
    Moz Champion, Oct 8, 2005
  9. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Oh yes, and btw, Please do NOT email me as well as post to the newsgroup
    >
    > Especially if you use an address that doesnt resolve!

    Sorry. My bad.
    wicked, Oct 8, 2005
  10. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > wicked wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Go to the page/site
    >>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    >>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    >> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
    >> save like it used to.

    > Because you have already told it to remember it
    >
    > Go to the site
    > IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
    > go to another site
    > go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

    OK. Maybe I'm not understanding. I used to, until a day or so ago, go to
    the site, click on the username box and the username and password would
    automatically enter into the appropriate boxes. I had the password
    changed, deleted the old password from the saved password manager and
    now it refuses to remember the new password. I remember the first time I
    entered the site, many months ago, I entered the username and the pw and
    I got a dialogue box asking if I wanted to save the password. I clicked
    yes. After that the username and pw was automatically entered on
    clicking on the empty username box. This doesn't occur anymore. The
    saved pw does work on the other sites that are saved. I just can't get
    the password manager to save the info for this one site since I changed
    the pw. Also, the "passwords never saved" box is empty.
    Thanks.
    wicked, Oct 8, 2005
  11. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > wicked schreef:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Go to the page/site
    >>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
    >>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

    >> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
    >> save like it used to.

    > There is probably a trace or it left in the signons.txt file. Take a
    > backup of it, then delete the part which corresponds to the problematic
    > website from the file, then try again. Do this while FF and TB are NOT
    > running.
    >
    > H.

    Nothing there in reference to this site. Thanks.
    Is the signons.txt file supposed to be hidden?
    wicked, Oct 8, 2005
  12. wicked

    gwtc Guest

    wicked wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> wicked wrote:

    >>> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
    >>> save like it used to.

    >> Because you have already told it to remember it
    >>
    >> Go to the site
    >> IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
    >> go to another site
    >> go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

    > OK. Maybe I'm not understanding. I used to, until a day or so ago, go to
    > the site, click on the username box and the username and password would
    > automatically enter into the appropriate boxes. I had the password
    > changed, deleted the old password from the saved password manager and
    > now it refuses to remember the new password. I remember the first time I
    > entered the site, many months ago, I entered the username and the pw and
    > I got a dialogue box asking if I wanted to save the password. I clicked
    > yes. After that the username and pw was automatically entered on
    > clicking on the empty username box. This doesn't occur anymore. The
    > saved pw does work on the other sites that are saved. I just can't get
    > the password manager to save the info for this one site since I changed
    > the pw. Also, the "passwords never saved" box is empty.
    > Thanks.

    Sometimes some sites with disable the remember password options.
    However, you can sometimes trick FF into accepting the password info.
    You need the Remember Password Bookmarklet:
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password.
    Just drag the Remember Password link to your Personal Toolbar. Then
    when you go to the login site, click on the bookmarklet, enter the
    login info, and you should get the save password pop-up.
    gwtc, Oct 8, 2005
  13. wicked

    Guest

    Yeah, thats correct that websites can disable autocomplete feature. But
    there is a serious reason for that - your passwords that stored in
    autocomplete is always available for any user who have access to your
    computer.

    I'm using Sticky Password (www.stickypassword.com). It remembers and
    automatically fills my passwords, but only after I unlocked its
    database using master password. And when I leaving computer for few
    minutes - it closes database and passwords becoming not accessible for
    others.
    , Oct 8, 2005
  14. wrote:
    > Yeah, thats correct that websites can disable autocomplete feature. But
    > there is a serious reason for that - your passwords that stored in
    > autocomplete is always available for any user who have access to your
    > computer.
    >
    > I'm using Sticky Password (www.stickypassword.com). It remembers and
    > automatically fills my passwords, but only after I unlocked its
    > database using master password. And when I leaving computer for few
    > minutes - it closes database and passwords becoming not accessible for
    > others.

    Note that Firefox has a built in Master Password feature.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 8, 2005