    I also have a external hard drive on the wireless computer that I want to
    share. How can I do that?

    Thanks for any input
    Meg, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Meg

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    You need to create share rights in/on the folders you want to be
    shared. To create share rights:

    1) Right click on the folder which is the subject of a share;
    2) Go to properties (last item of the list);
    3) The middle tab is sharing - click on this;
    4) Go to the middle item which says: Network sharing and security
    5) click the appropriate boxes to suit you.

    Hope this proves useful.

    Regards,

    ANONYMOUS, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Meg

    Meg Guest

    I have done this. But when I go to the computer to access those shared
    files, I look at the network computers and I am asked for a password

    Meg, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Meg

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    Which operating system is running on the target machine? Password is
    not implemented in Windows XP. It was implemented in Win98SE.

    If you are using Win2003 server then it is possible you need a password
    but I am not familiar with it. Also, I by-passed one generation i.e. I
    didn't use Windows 2000 prof. or WinME.

    Regards,

    ANONYMOUS, Sep 26, 2005