    switching on the power whilst holding down the "del" key. The machine is
    asking for a password - how can i find it? any ideas? Win ME, AMD900.

    TIA.

    Picker, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Picker

    Capt Ron Guest

    If you do not have the password, the motherboard will have a jumper which
    must be shorted in order to reset the CMOS to factory default.

    Capt Ron, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Picker

    DanN Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:55:31 +0100, "Picker"
    <patriciabaylis@marches"light".fsnet.co.uk> wrote...
    | I want to get into the BIOS of my machine to reset pnp/pci configs - i'm
    | switching on the power whilst holding down the "del" key. The machine is
    | asking for a password - how can i find it? any ideas? Win ME, AMD900.

    Unless you know the password, you will have to do one of the
    following...

    1- Look up the bypass password for your particular BIOS (there are
    backdoor passwords for many);

    2- Look in your motherboard's documentation for the location of the
    jumper which will clear the BIOS settings;

    3- Remove the motherboard's battery for several seconds to clear the
    BIOS settings.

    For numbers 2 and 3, you may need to reestablish some hardware
    settings afterwards (drive info, time, etc.).

    (don't live at a com or net - address listed is altered)

    DanN, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Picker

    Plato Guest

    Picker wrote:

    > I want to get into the BIOS of my machine to reset pnp/pci configs - i'm
    > switching on the power whilst holding down the "del" key. The machine is
    > asking for a password - how can i find it? any ideas? Win ME, AMD900.

    You can clear a bios axs password with software. No need to crack the
    case for that.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 17, 2004