    to enter my password ,the thing is i am entering it and it keeps on asking
    me and wont let me log on or receive messages what can i do to solve this
    huge problem ... cheers !!
    janet jones, Jul 20, 2003

  2. janet jones

    Patrick Guest

    janet jones wrote:
    > heeeeelp!!! i am at my wits end.everytime i want to use my e-mailer i
    > have to enter my password ,the thing is i am entering it and it keeps
    > on asking me and wont let me log on or receive messages what can i do
    > to solve this huge problem ... cheers !!

    Just looked at your header and (as expected) see your with ntl.
    As expexted because I,ve had the problem myself (nearly recked my machine
    trying to find the problem).
    The point is that when ntl have trouble with thiere 'Servers', the only
    indication that you will get, is the password box coming up and refusing to
    accept the password that you enter, (or the password that you have
    previously entered and told it to remember).

    Thus the problem is with ntl, not you/your machine.

    The only thing that I can suggest is to wait awhile for ntl to correct the
    problem.
    If of course it dosn't correct itself after a reosanable time (1/2 to 1 day)
    then it would be neccesary to contact ntl. (Thiere are story of people
    claiming compensation for down time).

    In said circumstances it should be possible to access the Web from 'Internet
    Explorer'
    From ntlworld.com thiere is a facility to look at your email account
    (password/username) but of course this wont work iether.

    At the top of said page, thiere is a drop-down menu called 'Help', from
    thiere select 'Check server status'.
    This will bring up a page telling you about any problems that they *know* of
    ..

    By the way I'm presumeing that your on ntl broadband (don't know if it makes
    any difference anyway).

    It may well be that the thing has corrected itself by now (you wrote about
    three and half hour ago).
    Patrick, Jul 20, 2003

  3. janet jones

    Patrick Guest

    PS Janet, will you please tell us here, how you get on with the matter.
    Thanks Patrick

    Patrick, Jul 20, 2003
  4. janet jones

    °Mike° Guest

    TINU.

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:43:44 +0100, in
    <YEzSa.1729$>
    Patrick scrawled:

    --
    "Common sense is what tells you the Earth is flat."
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  5. janet jones

    °Mike° Guest

    Speak for yourself, and yourself only. There Is No "Us".

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:28:09 +0100, in
    <BiASa.1768$>
    Patrick scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  6. janet jones

    °Mike° Guest

    This is usenet. TINU. I repeat; Speak for yourself, and
    yourself only.

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:58:37 +0100, in
    <9LASa.1778$>
    Patrick scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  7. janet jones

    DC Guest

    Patrick wrote:

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >> TINU.

    > What's your point, please,

    TINP. };O)

    --
    DC

    Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
    shitting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be.
    DC, Jul 20, 2003
  8. janet jones

    Patrick Guest

    DC wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>> TINU.

    >> What's your point, please,

    > TINP. };O)

    Pardon me if you please, but what does TINP. etc. mean ?
    Patrick, Jul 20, 2003