    my file system using Window Washer -- perhaps I'm accidentally erasing
    the something that remembers the passwords.

    --Anthony Boor
    Anthony Boor, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Anthony Boor

    Moz Champion Guest

    Anthony Boor wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am having trouble making Mozilla 1.7's e-mail client remember my
    > mail server passwords. They will stay while I'm using it, but once I
    > close out Mozilla, when I re-start it later, the passwords aren't
    > there anymore, and I have to re-enter them. And yes, each time I do
    > that, I check the box to tell it to remember the passwords.
    >
    > How does Mozilla remember the passwords? Or, more specifically, what
    > file do they go to? Reason I am asking is that I regularly sweep out
    > my file system using Window Washer -- perhaps I'm accidentally erasing
    > the something that remembers the passwords.
    >
    > --Anthony Boor

    Have you told Mozilla to remember?

    Mozilla-->Preferences-->Privacy & Security-->Passwords
    X Remember Passwords

    passwords are stored within the profile folder, in a file named xxxxxxx.s (the xxxxxx is randomly generated)

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Anthony Boor

    Anthony Boor Guest

    Moz Champion <> wrote in message news:<AQ7Ec.157759$>...

    > Have you told Mozilla to remember?
    >
    > Mozilla-->Preferences-->Privacy & Security-->Passwords
    > X Remember Passwords
    >
    > passwords are stored within the profile folder, in a file named xxxxxxx.s (the xxxxxx is randomly generated)

    I found my problem. Webroot Window Washer wiped out the Mozilla Form
    Data every time I used it, and that's why it wouldn't "remember" my
    passwords. Now that I have instructed WW to leave the Form Data
    alone, it's fine now.

    --Anthony Boor
    Anthony Boor, Jul 1, 2004