Password Remembering

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Puma, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. Puma

    Puma Guest

    Since I upgraded to FF3, there is a site that FF previously remembered the
    password and login name for, and now it doesn't. It was even in the "tools
    > options > security" list. I deleted this info and I entered the info

    manually but FF didn't offer to remember it.

    I then went to another site, deleted the password and login and then opened
    the site and entered it manually. FF offered to remember the info.

    This seems to be the only site that FF doesn't offer to remember info for.
    I've deleted, restarted, re-booted and other various things and FF still
    won't remember this particular info.

    Any suggestions? Am I missing a step somewhere?

    Thanks for any ideas.

    Robert
    Puma, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Puma wrote:
    > Since I upgraded to FF3, there is a site that FF previously remembered the
    > password and login name for, and now it doesn't. It was even in the "tools
    >> options > security" list. I deleted this info and I entered the info

    > manually but FF didn't offer to remember it.
    >
    > I then went to another site, deleted the password and login and then opened
    > the site and entered it manually. FF offered to remember the info.
    >
    > This seems to be the only site that FF doesn't offer to remember info for.
    > I've deleted, restarted, re-booted and other various things and FF still
    > won't remember this particular info.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Am I missing a step somewhere?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas.
    >
    > Robert

    try the remember password bookmarklet. Go here:
    https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password,
    and put the icon on your bookmark toolbar. Now, visit the
    site, click the bookmarklet, click ok to the popup. Enter
    your user name and password, and login. You should now get a
    popup asking if you want to remember the password. Did this
    work?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 4, 2008

  3. Puma

    Dan Gall Guest

    Puma wrote:
    > Since I upgraded to FF3, there is a site that FF previously remembered the
    > password and login name for, and now it doesn't. It was even in the "tools
    >
    >> options > security" list. I deleted this info and I entered the info
    >>

    > manually but FF didn't offer to remember it.
    >
    > I then went to another site, deleted the password and login and then opened
    > the site and entered it manually. FF offered to remember the info.
    >
    > This seems to be the only site that FF doesn't offer to remember info for.
    > I've deleted, restarted, re-booted and other various things and FF still
    > won't remember this particular info.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Am I missing a step somewhere?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas.
    >
    > Robert

    What site? Many sites have opted for the 'extra' security of disallowing
    automatic logins. This is to prevent someone from say accessing your
    bank account because they have access to your computer, or from children
    accessing 'adult' sites because one or more of their parents have an
    account there. Without knowing the name of the site in question it is
    difficult to answer your question concisely. The site may have once
    accepted automatic logins, but changed perhaps?
    Dan Gall, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Puma

    Puma Guest

    Puma, Jul 4, 2008
  5. Puma

    Puma Guest

    Dan Gall <> wrote in news::

    > Puma wrote:
    >> Since I upgraded to FF3, there is a site that FF previously
    >> remembered the password and login name for, and now it doesn't. It
    >> was even in the "tools

    > What site? Many sites have opted for the 'extra' security of
    > disallowing automatic logins.

    That was probably the case. It *was* a banking site but the URL that Peter
    provided (previous reply) for the remember password bookmarklet did the
    trick.
    Puma, Jul 4, 2008