Password rejected and locking my e mail connection on outlook express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by heather rowe, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. For some reason my password has locked me out of outlook express and i can
    not get it unblocked how do i do this?
    heather rowe, Mar 29, 2007

  2. heather rowe

    Gordon Guest

    heather rowe wrote:

    > For some reason my password has locked me out of outlook express and i can
    > not get it unblocked how do i do this?

    Are we talking Identity password, or ISP password here?
    Gordon, Mar 29, 2007

  3. heather rowe

    Rosanna Guest

    "heather rowe" <> wrote in message
    > For some reason my password has locked me out of outlook express and i can
    > not get it unblocked how do i do this?

    You posted via OE so assuming it is your email account password is
    being rejected - passwords do not lock you out nor can you "unblock"
    a password. Do you mean you receive an on-screen error message
    concerning your email account password?
    What exactly is the wording of the error?
    In OE click: Tools/Accounts, click the Mail tab, highlight your account
    and click "Properties" and re-enter your password.
    You are with NTL/Virgin, so log onto the Virgin homepage, and try
    and access your email account from it's web interface.
    Without details of exact error, those are the two most common
    causes, wrong password, server is temporarily down.
    Rosanna, Mar 29, 2007
  4. heather rowe

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: Password rejected and locking my e mail connection on outlookexpress

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:29:05 +0100, Rosanna wrote:

    > "heather rowe" <> wrote in message
    >> For some reason my password has locked me out of outlook express and i can
    >> not get it unblocked how do i do this?
    >>

    > You posted via OE so assuming it is your email account password is
    > being rejected - passwords do not lock you out nor can you "unblock"
    > a password. Do you mean you receive an on-screen error message
    > concerning your email account password?
    > What exactly is the wording of the error?
    > In OE click: Tools/Accounts, click the Mail tab, highlight your account
    > and click "Properties" and re-enter your password.
    > You are with NTL/Virgin, so log onto the Virgin homepage, and try
    > and access your email account from it's web interface.
    > Without details of exact error, those are the two most common
    > causes, wrong password, server is temporarily down.

    Be aware that NTL's mailservers for some unknown reason and at random
    times stop accepting ones username/password combination and it becomes
    necessary to read ones email using the web interface.

    No amount of arguing with some disembodied voice with an Indian accent
    (laughingly called 'tech support') can convince NTL that it's their
    mailserver at fault and not that of your MUA settings (or firewall, or
    antivirus, or the fact that you're a Sagittarius).

    Google 'why are NTL shit'. Everything you ever wanted to know about NTL's
    shitty mailservice (but were afraid to ask).

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Mar 29, 2007