    I'd really appreciate the advice.

    Thanks in advance,
    Viki

    Viki, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Viki

    Miggsee Guest

    Have you tried admin & admin?

    "Viki" <> wrote in message
    news:bh2tru$sqbnb$-berlin.de...
    > A few days ago I bought a broadband router (FBR-1402TX by LevelOne) and my
    > ISP made the online configuration.
    > I'd like to make some changes in firewall settings but I don't have the
    > username and password to enter my router's IP Adress.
    > I have the setup CD I got with the router. Should I just run the setup and
    > do the whole configuration myself? Would this mean that the old settings,
    > including the username and password, will be erased?
    > I'd really hate to wait 'till monday to ask my ISP for the data (if they
    > will give it to me), so if there is a not too complicated way to solve

    this

    Miggsee, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Viki

    Unk Guest

    Most routers use "admin" for the username and no password.
    It's the user that assigns a different username and password.

    Unk

    Unk, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Viki

    MrToad Guest

    Viki wrote:

    > A few days ago I bought a broadband router (FBR-1402TX by LevelOne) and my
    > ISP made the online configuration.
    > I'd like to make some changes in firewall settings but I don't have the
    > username and password to enter my router's IP Adress.
    > I have the setup CD I got with the router. Should I just run the setup and
    > do the whole configuration myself? Would this mean that the old settings,
    > including the username and password, will be erased?
    > I'd really hate to wait 'till monday to ask my ISP for the data (if they
    > will give it to me), so if there is a not too complicated way to solve this
    > I'd really appreciate the advice.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Viki

    Look through the manual, *most* gateway routers have a default user name
    of: admin and no password. If the ISP's tech didn't set a password,
    just type admin in the user box and press enter.

    In case you don't have the manual:
    http://level-one.amis.net/drivers/manual_PDF/FBR-1400TX(EN).pdf

    This manual covers up to the 1401, but it's probably close enough to help.

    HTH

    MrToad

    MrToad, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Viki

    Viki Guest

    Thank you Unk and Miggsee for suggestions. I tried both and still can't get
    in :-(
    Is there anything else I can try?

    Viki

    Viki, Aug 9, 2003