password protection

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Warren Davies, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
    software...any suggestions?

    Warren Davies, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Warren Davies

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Warren Davies vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
    > software...any suggestions?

    Use Winzip .. though it _does_ depend on what exactly you mean .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    http://paul-xxx.blogspot.com/ Just started a blog ..

    Paul - xxx, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Warren Davies

    Guest

    , Sep 19, 2004
  4. Warren Davies

    anthonyberet Guest

    anthonyberet, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Warren Davies

    xmp Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    > Warren Davies vaguely muttered something like ...
    >
    >>Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
    >>software...any suggestions?

    > Use Winzip .. though it _does_ depend on what exactly you mean .. ;)

    Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what he's encrypting and why. On linux, I
    use gpg for file encryption. I use NoteSafe for an encrypted Notepad.
    There's also stuff like BestCrypt which can make encrypted containers
    that are easy to access.

    If you want to encrypt an executable there are programs like ExeLock and
    PrivateExe. They actually modify the executable itself to prevent
    execution without a password.

    Some versions of WinZip encryption are easily cracked.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 20, 2004