    password on my machine? I tried setting up "users" through the control panel
    but you can just bypass that. Any ideas or solutions are greatly
    appreciated.
    Larry, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Larry

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Larry said:

    > I want to lock my CPU from anyone getting in to it. How do I set up a
    > password on my machine? I tried setting up "users" through the control panel
    > but you can just bypass that. Any ideas or solutions are greatly
    > appreciated.

    Set BIOS password.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Larry

    NEWS Guest

    Go to the BIOs. You can lock the entire machine and keep it from loading.
    NEWS, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Larry

    Win Guest

    put password protection into screen savers
    find an *.scr file
    right click on it and drag to start programs startup let go of it then click create shortcut
    PS by installing more that one user you may have changed the defualt location on many files ie my documents or emails.
    delete all but one user and keep the computer that way
    Win, Jul 17, 2003