    password protect them so the password dialog box comes up? All of them
    currently have user passwords required to log into them.

    Thanks.

    Raphel, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Raphel

    Butterfield Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:35:45 -0500, "Raphel" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >When I view the computers on my network in my workgroup, they are all
    >completely open for me to view the resources being shared. How can I
    >password protect them so the password dialog box comes up? All of them
    >currently have user passwords required to log into them.
    >
    >Thanks.

    \What OSs are we talking about?

    Butterfield, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Raphel

    Raphel Guest

    Windows XP Pro.

    Raphel, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Raphel

    Butterfield Guest

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 04:16:21 -0500, "Raphel" <>
    wrote:

    >Windows XP Pro.

    Turn off "use simple file sharing" (in explorer tools, folder options,
    view) . Create a local user with the same name and password as the
    other machine's logon. Remove "everyone" type access to shared folder.
    Grant / deny access to specific user as required. See if this does
    what you want it to.

    Butterfield, Mar 17, 2006