    -=-=-
    .... Taglines mean nothing to me!
    * TagZilla 0.049
    Chris, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Chris

    Tono Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have recently started having a wierd problem in Mail/News.
    >
    > For most of my news groups, all on the same server, Mozilla has no
    > problems remembering my user name and password. But for some of the
    > newsgroups, it claims to have amnesia.
    >
    > Anyone know what causes this?

    I was just going to ask the same thing, except mine forgets the
    passwords, and sometimes the user name, randomly on all my profiles and
    all my newsgroups.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Chris

    dantu Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > Chris wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have recently started having a wierd problem in Mail/News.
    >>
    >> For most of my news groups, all on the same server, Mozilla has no
    >> problems remembering my user name and password. But for some of the
    >> newsgroups, it claims to have amnesia.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what causes this?

    > I was just going to ask the same thing, except mine forgets the
    > passwords, and sometimes the user name, randomly on all my profiles
    > and all my newsgroups.
    >
    > Tono

    Mozilla remembers passwords according to how you approach the point.
    I liken it to an elevator key
    If you approach from one direction (say from your email account) you
    have to 'teach' mozilla which key (username/password) to use, after
    which it will remember it. But approach the elevator from another
    direction (say another news server) you once again have to teach Mozilla
    which elevator it is, and which key to use. And sometimes, even going
    between floors (different newsgroups) in the same news server, you have
    to teach Mozilla which key to use. In time, Mozilla will have all
    possible routes 'mapped' and know which elevetor key to use.

    In time, as long as you keep telling Mozilla to remember the
    username/password, it will come to do so.
    dantu, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Chris

    Tono Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> Chris wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I have recently started having a wierd problem in Mail/News.
    >>>
    >>> For most of my news groups, all on the same server, Mozilla has no
    >>> problems remembering my user name and password. But for some of the
    >>> newsgroups, it claims to have amnesia.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know what causes this?

    >> I was just going to ask the same thing, except mine forgets the
    >> passwords, and sometimes the user name, randomly on all my profiles
    >> and all my newsgroups.
    >>
    >> Tono

    > Mozilla remembers passwords according to how you approach the point.
    > I liken it to an elevator key
    > If you approach from one direction (say from your email account) you
    > have to 'teach' mozilla which key (username/password) to use, after
    > which it will remember it. But approach the elevator from another
    > direction (say another news server) you once again have to teach Mozilla
    > which elevator it is, and which key to use. And sometimes, even going
    > between floors (different newsgroups) in the same news server, you have
    > to teach Mozilla which key to use. In time, Mozilla will have all
    > possible routes 'mapped' and know which elevetor key to use.
    >
    > In time, as long as you keep telling Mozilla to remember the
    > username/password, it will come to do so.

    My mozilla must have a poor memory. I've "taught" it (enter password,
    check box to save password) hundreds of times. It still randomly
    forgets, sometime just the password, and sometimes the user name also.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Chris

    dantu Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Tono wrote:

    >>> I was just going to ask the same thing, except mine forgets the
    >>> passwords, and sometimes the user name, randomly on all my profiles
    >>> and all my newsgroups.
    >>>
    >>> Tono

    >> Mozilla remembers passwords according to how you approach the point.
    >> I liken it to an elevator key
    >> If you approach from one direction (say from your email account) you
    >> have to 'teach' mozilla which key (username/password) to use, after
    >> which it will remember it. But approach the elevator from another
    >> direction (say another news server) you once again have to teach
    >> Mozilla which elevator it is, and which key to use. And sometimes,
    >> even going between floors (different newsgroups) in the same news
    >> server, you have to teach Mozilla which key to use. In time, Mozilla
    >> will have all possible routes 'mapped' and know which elevetor key to
    >> use.
    >>
    >> In time, as long as you keep telling Mozilla to remember the
    >> username/password, it will come to do so.

    > My mozilla must have a poor memory. I've "taught" it (enter password,
    > check box to save password) hundreds of times. It still randomly
    > forgets, sometime just the password, and sometimes the user name also.
    >
    > Tono

    Does this occur with a specific server? Or does it occur with email as well?
    dantu, Jan 20, 2004
  6. Chris

    Tono Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> Mozilla remembers passwords according to how you approach the point.
    >>> I liken it to an elevator key
    >>> If you approach from one direction (say from your email account) you
    >>> have to 'teach' mozilla which key (username/password) to use, after
    >>> which it will remember it. But approach the elevator from another
    >>> direction (say another news server) you once again have to teach
    >>> Mozilla which elevator it is, and which key to use. And sometimes,
    >>> even going between floors (different newsgroups) in the same news
    >>> server, you have to teach Mozilla which key to use. In time, Mozilla
    >>> will have all possible routes 'mapped' and know which elevetor key to
    >>> use.
    >>>
    >>> In time, as long as you keep telling Mozilla to remember the
    >>> username/password, it will come to do so.

    >> My mozilla must have a poor memory. I've "taught" it (enter password,
    >> check box to save password) hundreds of times. It still randomly
    >> forgets, sometime just the password, and sometimes the user name also.
    >>
    >> Tono

    > Does this occur with a specific server? Or does it occur with email as
    > well?

    Yes, email and newsgroups. I was using two different news servers when
    it first started, but now I'm only using one and the problem hasn't changed.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Chris

    dantu Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Tono wrote:

    >>> My mozilla must have a poor memory. I've "taught" it (enter
    >>> password, check box to save password) hundreds of times. It still
    >>> randomly forgets, sometime just the password, and sometimes the user
    >>> name also.
    >>>
    >>> Tono

    >> Does this occur with a specific server? Or does it occur with email
    >> as well?

    > Yes, email and newsgroups. I was using two different news servers
    > when it first started, but now I'm only using one and the problem
    > hasn't changed.
    >
    > Tono

    Tono

    Which specific servers? There is also the problem that if the
    server disconnects (and then comes back up) it will ask again for the
    password. Constant disconnections can elicit the problem you are seeing
    as well, and the randomness of the occurance may indicate that this is
    the case.
    dantu, Jan 21, 2004
  8. Chris

    Tono Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Tono wrote:

    >>> My mozilla must have a poor memory. I've "taught" it (enter
    >>> password, check box to save password) hundreds of times. It still
    >>> randomly forgets, sometime just the password, and sometimes the user
    >>> name also.
    >>>
    >>> Tono

    >> Does this occur with a specific server? Or does it occur with email as
    >> well?

    > Yes, email and newsgroups. I was using two different news servers when
    > it first started, but now I'm only using one and the problem hasn't
    > changed.

    Dantu, I somehow lost your post.

    Anyway I was using news.cis.dfn.de as my news server for certain groups
    that my ISP's news server didn't provide. Now I just use
    news.verizon.net and still the passwords continue to disapear.
    Tono, Jan 21, 2004
  9. Chris

    dantu Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> Does this occur with a specific server? Or does it occur with email
    >>> as well?

    >> Yes, email and newsgroups. I was using two different news servers
    >> when it first started, but now I'm only using one and the problem
    >> hasn't changed.

    > Dantu, I somehow lost your post.
    >
    > Anyway I was using news.cis.dfn.de as my news server for certain
    > groups that my ISP's news server didn't provide. Now I just use
    > news.verizon.net and still the passwords continue to disapear.

    Have you spoken with verizon.net to see if there is a problem on their side?
    dantu, Jan 22, 2004