    are set to admin for username and admin for password.
    But it does not accept the password and we are running out of guesses.
    Is there a total reset or a backdoor password that will help?

    fruitbat, Nov 14, 2008

  2. fruitbat

    Paul Guest

    fruitbat wrote:
    > TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router
    >
    > My daughter has a TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router. We need to change some
    > settings.
    >
    > To get into the router we need a user name and password . By default these
    > are set to admin for username and admin for password.
    > But it does not accept the password and we are running out of guesses.
    > Is there a total reset or a backdoor password that will help?

    There is a reset button on the back, near the antenna.

    (download page - three versions, pick the right one)
    http://www.tp-link.com/support/download.asp?a=1&m=TL-WR541G

    (manual - I selected the latest version, text copied below)
    http://www.tp-link.com/english/soft/200865135820.pdf

    "Use the Factory Default Reset button:

    First, turn off the router's power.

    Second, press and hold the default reset button
    then turn on the router's power, until the SYS LED lights
    up (about 3 seconds).

    Last, release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot."

    "
    * The default User Name: admin
    * The default Password: admin
    * The default IP Address: 192.168.1.1
    * The default Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 "

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 14, 2008

  3. fruitbat

    sandy58 Guest

    Re: password problem with TP-LINK Wireless Router

    On Nov 14, 5:57 am, "fruitbat" <> wrote:
    > TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router
    >
    > My daughter has a TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router. We need to change some
    > settings.
    >
    > To get into the router we need a user name and password . By default these
    > are set to admin for username and admin for password.
    > But it does not accept the password and we are running out of guesses.
    > Is there a total reset or a backdoor password that will help?

    Someone advised me that this is the best way to solve the problem.
    Quote:I usually put mine in the dishwasher, but only about once every
    6 weeks. :)
    Maybe you have heard of this remedy, bat-whatever? :)

    sandy58, Nov 14, 2008
  4. "fruitbat" <> wrote in message
    > TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router
    >
    > My daughter has a TP-LINK TL-WR541G Wireless Router. We need to change
    > some settings.
    >
    > To get into the router we need a user name and password . By default these
    > are set to admin for username and admin for password.
    > But it does not accept the password and we are running out of guesses.
    > Is there a total reset or a backdoor password that will help?

    Try admin and password or password1 for the User Name and Password.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 14, 2008