    Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite confused me, they say you cannot set
    Password Policies at OU level but I tried to add a Group Policy to an OU and
    I was beable to set these settings. Will the Domain Policies overwrite them?

    a, May 12, 2005

  2. a

    kuky Guest

    NO......

    kuky, May 12, 2005

  3. a

    a Guest

    No, you can't set the policies at OU level?
    or
    No, the domain policies don't write them over?

    :)

    a, May 13, 2005
  4. a

    Orin Thomas Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:21:02 -0700, a wrote:

    > Just a quick question:
    > Can you set Password and Account Policies OU level or they have to be set in
    > the Default Domain Policies?
    > Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite confused me, they say you cannot set
    > Password Policies at OU level but I tried to add a Group Policy to an OU and
    > I was beable to set these settings. Will the Domain Policies overwrite them?

    Password policies are only relevant at the domain level. You
    can set them at other levels (such as a GPO assigned to an OU or site),
    but these settings will be ignored. If you want two sets of users to have
    different password policies, you'll need to put them in different domains.

    Orin
    http://www.certtutor.net

    Orin Thomas, May 13, 2005
  5. Orin Thomas wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:21:02 -0700, a wrote:
    >
    > > Just a quick question:
    > > Can you set Password and Account Policies OU level or they have to

    be set in
    > > the Default Domain Policies?
    > > Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite confused me, they say you

    cannot set
    > > Password Policies at OU level but I tried to add a Group Policy to

    an OU and
    > > I was beable to set these settings. Will the Domain Policies

    overwrite them?

    > Password policies are only relevant at the domain level. You
    > can set them at other levels (such as a GPO assigned to an OU or

    site),
    > but these settings will be ignored. If you want two sets of users to

    have
    > different password policies, you'll need to put them in different

    domains.

    > Orin
    > http://www.certtutor.net

    Orin -

    You're probably aware of this but the Readiness Review Suite that ships
    with your 70-290 book is riddled with errors. I tried to notify MS
    Press, they forwarded me the contact info for MeasureUp. I notified
    MeasureUp and they said it was Microsoft's deal -- MeasureUp just
    develops the test engine.

    I'm only mentioning this to you cause I'm sure you could fire an e-mail
    to somebody and let them know. The book & suite's been out for two
    years now and it's about time someone got around to putting out a
    downloadable patch that fixes the errors.

    Oh, and wanted to mention that your 70-290 book was easily the best
    study aid MS Press puts out.

    - bf

    blastingfonda, May 13, 2005
  6. a

    a Guest

    Thanks for the answer Orin.
    Are you the writer of the 070-290 Microsoft Press book?

    a, May 13, 2005
  7. a

    a Guest

    Why didn't I hear about the www.certtutor.net earlier?

    By the way I found contradictions between Part 1 and Part 2 of the book (the
    objective questions and the lessons).
    And the corrections on the Microsoft Press site don't include everything.

    a, May 13, 2005
  8. a

    wongcna Guest

    I think password policy related to security policy so it need to apply on
    Domain level.

    However, if password policy is only affect the local user account (not
    domain user), then you can apply on OU level.

    @__@!

    wongcna, May 13, 2005
  9. a

    Orin Thomas Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:19:35 -0700, blastingfonda wrote:

    > Orin -
    >
    > You're probably aware of this but the Readiness Review Suite that ships
    > with your 70-290 book is riddled with errors. I tried to notify MS
    > Press, they forwarded me the contact info for MeasureUp. I notified
    > MeasureUp and they said it was Microsoft's deal -- MeasureUp just
    > develops the test engine.
    >
    > I'm only mentioning this to you cause I'm sure you could fire an e-mail
    > to somebody and let them know. The book & suite's been out for two
    > years now and it's about time someone got around to putting out a
    > downloadable patch that fixes the errors.

    By far the largest number of complaints I've heard have been about the
    readiness review suite (not just with this particular title). From what
    I've heard this is definitely being addressed in future TK.

    > Oh, and wanted to mention that your 70-290 book was easily the best
    > study aid MS Press puts out.

    Thanks. Of the ones that I've worked on so far, I think the 299 and the
    350 books probably came out the best. There are a few things that I'd
    change about the 290 book if a second edition is published - include EMS
    and something on Admin Scripting which aren't in the book, but are likely
    to turn up on test day.

    Orin

    Orin Thomas, May 16, 2005
  10. a

    Orin Thomas Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 00:46:01 -0700, a wrote:

    > Why didn't I hear about the www.certtutor.net earlier?
    >

    > By the way I found contradictions between Part 1 and Part 2 of the book (the
    > objective questions and the lessons).
    > And the corrections on the Microsoft Press site don't include everything.

    Yes, that's me.

    If you forward me a list - I'll see what I can do about getting it to the
    appropriate person.

    Orin

    Orin Thomas, May 16, 2005