    sazvedo Guest

    Using WindowsXP Home, IE 7 and OE6.0

    How do I put a password on my email? Too many nosey eyes.
    sazvedo, May 3, 2007

  2. sazvedo

    Gordon Guest

    "sazvedo" <> wrote in message
    news:EWg_h.405427$...
    > Using WindowsXP Home, IE 7 and OE6.0
    >
    > How do I put a password on my email? Too many nosey eyes.

    You can password protect your Identity in OE, or, when you leave the
    machine, lock the screen by pressing WinKey-L. (Assuming your User account
    has a password....)
    Gordon, May 3, 2007

  3. sazvedo

    sazvedo Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    "sazvedo" <> wrote in message
    > Using WindowsXP Home, IE 7 and OE6.0
    >
    > How do I put a password on my email? Too many nosey eyes.

    You can password protect your Identity in OE, or, when you leave the
    machine, lock the screen by pressing WinKey-L. (Assuming your User account
    has a password....)

    Gordon,

    How do I do it from OE?
    sazvedo, May 3, 2007
  4. sazvedo

    Gordon Guest

    "sazvedo" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "sazvedo" <> wrote in message
    >> Using WindowsXP Home, IE 7 and OE6.0
    >>
    >> How do I put a password on my email? Too many nosey eyes.
    >>

    > You can password protect your Identity in OE, or, when you leave the
    > machine, lock the screen by pressing WinKey-L. (Assuming your User account
    > has a password....)
    >
    > Gordon,
    >
    > How do I do it from OE?

    File-Identities-Manage Identities. Highlight the Identity you wish to put a
    password on. Click Properties. Check the box "Require a password".
    There is one drawback with this - it will NOT stop people looking at your
    email if OE is open, it will only prevent people from opening OE. You need
    to combine it with a password-protected User account and either Winkey-L or
    the screensaver.
    Gordon, May 3, 2007
  5. I'd just password protect the user account and lock windows when I step
    away.

    Emmanuel Debrosse, May 3, 2007
  6. sazvedo

    Mike Easter Guest

    sazvedo wrote:
    > Using WindowsXP Home, IE 7 and OE6.0
    >
    > How do I put a password on my email? Too many nosey eyes.

    That question isn't clear to me without some clarification.

    What are the circumstances involving 'nosey eyes'? That is, wis the
    nature of the insecurity of your mail? Do you walk away from your
    computer with OE open? Do you walk away from your computer logged in to
    Windows?

    Are you sharing your computer with other people? Do other people with
    whom you are not sharing your computer have physical access to your
    computer? Are you sharing your windows login with other people?

    Are you concerned about securing the content of the mail that you send
    to others - password protecting it on the receiving end?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 3, 2007